FWB FWB 300 .....anyone else have one?

I bought this FWB300 as part of a package deal. It is a very rare gun ....apparently. I tried a Google search and turned up very limited information on it.
So, I'm reaching out to our community for some feedback about this rifle. Any information is welcome.

Thanks in advance!! JC

20240309_142803.jpg

20240309_142751.jpg

20240309_142808.jpg

L1009546.jpeg
I don't think they're tremendously rare, but less common than the 150 or certainly 300S. Mine is the most accurate FWB I have, more than even a 300S! Quite a few will be Daisy guns, I'd guess. Your's looks in fine shape. The trigger is said to be delicate, and hard to find replacements for? DMMIke's T must have been a special order with that spectacular stock?

View attachment 444049I don't think they're tremendously rare, but less common than the 150 or certainly 300S. Mine is the most accurate FWB I have, more than even a 300S! Quite a few will be Daisy guns, I'd guess. Your's looks in fine shape. The trigger is said to be delicate, and hard to find replacements for? DMMIke's T must have been a special order with that spectacular stock?
So nice 👍🏼

Reactions: Bandito
IIRC, the 300 was FWB's top model from about 1968 to 1972, falling between the 150 and 300S. Compared to the "S," most noticeable diffs are shallower stock fore end, longer barrel, longer cocking lever with hinged end, and non-movable trigger blade. There were a fair number of transitional guns that mixed action features, sometimes you have to look at the model number stamping to be sure.

The 300 was the rifle that really cemented FWB's reputation. It was un-challenged at high-level matches in its day, where the "S" had to deal with the Anschutz 250, Diana 75, and the game-changing SSP Walther LGR over the years! My plain-Jane beech stock 300 is a hard shooter, VERY accurate, and the least pellet-picky of my FWB's.

Trivia time: Tyrolean stocks were banned from UIT-sanctioned matches in the 70's, with demand then dropping off. But Dr. Beeman astutely bought up some FWB surplus (and their unique trigger guards). Many of the 300 and 300S Tyros in the US today were actually created in his shop.

Last edited:
View attachment 444049I don't think they're tremendously rare, but less common than the 150 or certainly 300S. Mine is the most accurate FWB I have, more than even a 300S! Quite a few will be Daisy guns, I'd guess. Your's looks in fine shape. The trigger is said to be delicate, and hard to find replacements for? DMMIke's T must have been a special order with that spectacular stock?
Very nice pair of classics there my friend!!!
This 300 is a Daisy import. It came with a 150 and an LP65 as a package along with some cool diopters and accessories. ...even pellet!
Btw....gorgeous 300 Tyro DMM!!!!! I know you waited a long time for it.

IIRC, the 300 was FWB's top model from about 1968 to 1972, falling between the 150 and 300S. Compared to the "S," most noticeable diffs are shallower stock fore end, longer barrel, longer cocking lever with hinged end, and non-movable trigger blade. There were a fair number of transitional guns that mixed action features, sometimes you have to look at the model number stamping to be sure.

The 300 was virtually un-challenged at high-level matches in its day. The "S" competed with the Anschutz 250, Diana 75, and Walther LGR over the years! My plain-Jane beech stock 300 is a hard shooter, VERY accurate, and the least pellet-picky of my FWB's.

Two bits that are vulnerable and now hard to find, are the plastic trigger blade (diff from either the 150 and 300S) and the hinged tip of the sidelever (use that only to unlatch the lever; grab the solid textured bit behind to finish the cocking stroke).

Trivia time: Tyrolean stocks were banned from UIT-sanctioned matches in the 70's, with demand then dropping off. But Dr. Beeman astutely bought up some FWB surplus (and their unique trigger guards). Many of the 300 and 300S Tyros in the US today were actually created in his shop.
Mike

Thanks for your input.....especially the advice on the cocking lever. I heard the same about the 150 lever tip. It's amazing that they are so delicate yet have lasted for decades!
I have an Anshutz 250 and a D75, so this 300 puts me 3/4s of the way there. Lol This 300 is a mechanical marvel! So easy to make little holes even at 20 yards, with no scope. The trigger is whisper soft. Don't touch it if you aren't ready to fire.

The 300 was virtually un-challenged at high-level matches in its day. The "S" competed with the Anschutz 250, Diana 75, and Walther LGR over the years! My plain-Jane beech stock 300 is a hard shooter, VERY accurate, and the least pellet-picky of my FWB's.

Two bits that are vulnerable and now hard to find, are the plastic trigger blade (diff from either the 150 and 300S) and the hinged tip of the sidelever (use that only to unlatch the lever; grab the solid textured bit behind to finish the cocking stroke).

I'm not sure, but it may be that the 300ST used the 300T stock, there may never have been a specific T stock made to fit the shorter 300S cocking lever, and the good Dr. just plugged 300S into the excess 300T stocks?
Sometimes, as when a stock like DMM's shows up, I wonder if these were exhibition, presentation or retirement gift airguns?
Some really spectacular airguns coming out of the woodwork past few days?

Last edited: