It looks as if ALL that have viewed this thread likely shrug there shoulders / shake there head and move along ....

There are SO MANY scopes out there for air guns now days the choices have never been better !!!!

In the case of a spring piston gun such as your FWB 124, you honestly going to shoot it inside 50 yards or so. having mil dots or MOA scaling across the entire reticle simply is not required. A simple 1/2 mil-dot / mil-rad reticle is all you need. Objective focus would be fine, tho a side focus is more convenient.

Look at some of the HAWKE scopes is the 3-9 or 4-12X magnifications. If you can find an older Panorama 4-12x40 or a Varmint 4-12x40 those would be excellent choices for your rifle.

IMO ....

Being it's a rifle that is less harsh on scopes I'd say your options are greater. I'm thinking something smaller and lighter. Maybe a 4-6X fixed power. This issue with the 124 is the mounts. Not very many fit the dovetail properly as I have learned first hand. The receiver on the 124 was really designed for a peep sight. I have the BKL one-piece with droop compensation. Expensive but fits well. No stop pin needed.

Being it's a rifle that is less harsh on scopes I'd say your options are greater. I'm thinking something smaller and lighter. Maybe a 4-6X fixed power. This issue with the 124 is the mounts. Not very many fit the dovetail properly as I have learned first hand. The receiver on the 124 was really designed for a peep sight. I have the BKL one-piece with droop compensation. Expensive but fits well. No stop pin needed.

I had a Beeman Blue ribbon 3-9x on mine since sometime in 1979 and just a couple of days ago took it off and reinstalled my old Williams receiver sight and a globe front. The rifle balances better and my eyes line up with the lower receiver sight than with a scope much higher above the barrel/receiver iine, A custome stock would help with eye to scope fit, but that's not in the cards. I was shooting it out to about 40 yards as well with the iron sights as with the scope the other day, and my eyes are 75 years old with cataracts and thousands of floaters.

I had a Beeman Blue ribbon 3-9x on mine since sometime in 1979 and just a couple of days ago took it off and reinstalled my old Williams receiver sight and a globe front. The rifle balances better and my eyes line up with the lower receiver sight than with a scope much higher above the barrel/receiver iine, A custome stock would help with eye to scope fit, but that's not in the cards. I was shooting it out to about 40 yards as well with the iron sights as with the scope the other day, and my eyes are 75 years old with cataracts and thousands of floaters.

The 124/127 dovetail rail stop notches are really designed for the Williams peep sight. Regular scope mount stop pins tend to mangle those half moon receiver notches.

Bushnell Banner 4X20. I think it is a nice little scope for the FWB. It is in medium Sportsmatch now and they do fine but I think I am going to re-mount in low mounts to see how I like it. 

kmkRV7M.jpg
[/url][/img]

LIke I said, the 124 was made for a peep sight.

GoldenState: Challenge - I was using my business communication lingo - I don't like the work problem. Your prior comment and my visual inspection made me wonder just how scope mounts would fit without damage or marring of the gun.

I had a used other scope rings on my 124 where I just modified the stop pin to better fit the half moon notches in the rifles receiver. To bad they didn't design the receiver on the 124 where it had the half moon notches with deeper round hole stops like on HW airguns. The BKL uses no stop pin and mine hasn't moved so far.