• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FWB 124

Dang! What took ya'll so long! LOL

So you guy's good with the quality of the seals? The reason I'm asking is I got a part for my Stihl chainsaw from Amazonese that didn't work out so well cuz of poor material. Saw ARH online, just don't know anything about their parts quality. If you folks are good with'em, I'll give'm a try. 

Thanks a lot, Bill

Well JC, I hate to admit it, but it's cuz I'm kinda computer stupid. I just ordered some parts from AGH yesterday, so maybe by the time I get'em installed, I can get my wife to help with some photos using her tablet. The fact is, it's just the plain jane version, not the deluxe, no checkered stock. I hope it shoots as well after the new seals are installed as it did years ago. Got it from Beeman's in the 80's. I'll see what she can do to help out with this.

copen

I have rebuilt a couple of my FWB 124 when I fit the new piston seal from ARH I install it on the piston and chuck it up in my drill press and use a file and fine emery paper. Taking off a bit then trial fit it. Doing that over and over. 

As far as preload on the spring, never measured it but the best I remember it's between 3-4 inches. Last couple it gets very stiff.

There great guns and I sure enjoy getting mine out regularly. I like the 124 so much I did some swapping around and came up with a 127 that is a great shooter also. 

OK folks, next dumb question. Is there a solvent to use to soften and remove the old seal in the compression chamber? It looks like a baked biscuit down in there.

Thanks, Bill

Make a tapered plug for the transfer port hole like in the pics below. Tap the plug in the hole and pour some lacquer thinner in it. Let it sit for a couple hours at least.

Pick up a 3/8" brass dowel rod(local hardware store should have them) and sharpen a chisel shape on one end to clean the leftover seal pieces from the end of the tube.

1575735418_11994542685debd07a7f1981.32709596_Walther LG55 transfer port plugged with tapered d...jpg
1575735444_13952449815debd0941cd8d6.78478223_Walther LG55 transfer port plugged with tapered d...jpg

1575735461_12103886165debd0a5ea9963.10417156_Walther LG55 piston seal pieces cleaned out of cy...jpg

Steven