• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
My old cicra 1975 FWB 124 has been neglected in favor of newer HW and Air Arms models, so I pulled her out this afternoon for a little informal shooting. Targets were hanging soda cans and at first I thought I was missing a lot until I looked at them and some were almost cut into two pieces, plenty of big holes, so repaced them and my action with a hit returned. The trigger is not in the same league as the Rekord triggers in the other guns, much heavier pull but still crisp. If someone would make a gun with the same physical characteristics and a Rekord trigger I would be all over it in a minute.

Reactions: Sqwirl57
Trigger on the new sport is awesome!!!
And with a tune the whole gun is awesome!!!
IMG_20220905_124828.jpg

Seeing your comments, then looking up some reviews both written and video I decided to order one, Maybe late last week. I took my 124 out for a while and also checked and tried adjusting trigger pull and the lowest I could get it was about 1lb 10 oz.. It's crisp, but after shooting others that are lighter such as my FWB 300 and the AV (Bakiel) 46m I just like a light sub 1b pull.

I'm not at all ashamed of my 124 . It's well kept in my workshop where i can sic it on a squirrel if necessary. I have guns with better triggers but if you miss with this gun it isn't the gun! I wouldn't take a new FWB Sport for it. I don't like the styling. All my Weihrauchs are 1990's and older except a LNIB HW30 and my new HW50 (with an ARH walnut stock). I don't care much for Weihrauch's "modern Euro" styling either. I also own many modern and vintage BSA's and Webleys. And some others. (Talking about my springers) I don't even want a hair trigger on every gun.

I do like the older styling much better than the newer more "modern" styles. Back in the mid 90's through about 2004 I had the nose to the grindstone putting the son through undergrad school and then law school, and for a few years catching up, so just had my 124 and 300 to play with and really got into making several AR-15 type rifles, including a coupe that are big heavy bench/target types in 6.5 Grendel. and collectin some old Swedish Mausers and some of the Swiss Straight pull rifles. Since the pandemic set in ammo, reloading supplies and fuel, the nearest range is about 50 miles one way, so I drifted back into air rifles. Talking about styling, I wish HW would offer a Tyrolean style stock in some of their models, like the 95 and 77.

The tyro stock on my old Beeman/Santa Rosa HW77 from early 1990's is one of the nicest looking tyro stocks I have. The "tyro" part has a more detailed shape/configuration. It is deeper (or taller), it stands out more. The wood is also top grade, very heavy/hard/dense dark walnut with beautiful grain. I too have been pulling out some old springers that have been put away for years. The quality and styling strikes me as nicer than I remember them...

I got the Sport in yesterday afternoon and set up and shot it a while. It took a few minutes to figure out the directions on the rear sight wheels. That sight is the best factory rear I have seen on any airgun. Placement is just right for the notch, front blade and target to remain in focus for my old cataract corrected eyes. Trigger crisp, a bit on the heavy side but will leave it alone until I get a few hundred shots through the gun. The way it's shooting I may just leave the scope or diopter off for a while and enjoy the leaf rear as that is what I grew up shooting.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
I bought my FWB Sport specifically because of the long barrel that puts the front sight out there where I can focus on it. In combination with the high quality rear sight it offers probably the best open sight arrangement available on an airgun. Unfortunately that fancy CNC machined rear sight plus the extra machining of the breach block to support it added significant cost to the product in order to add a feature that I suspect few will use or appreciate.