FWB FWB 124 Sport

a light wipe with water brings grain out to see what it may look like after finishing. then a light finish sanding b4 any stain or oil .
That works, It has been years since I worked on one, but I sprayed the unfinished stock with some of my wife's spray starch, let dry sanded with something like 400 or 600 grit w/d sandpaper, and repeated a time or two. Then stain. The starch acts like a filler and disappears when stained.

Copied from Anotherairgunblog.

Quote:

"Ahhh, almost forgot the important part--how I adjusted the trigger. Here's the procedure: Turn the trigger adjustment screw in all the way. That will give a 2-stage but heavy pull with a very definite second stage. Back out the screw about a half turn at a time until you feel the second-stage get lighter--eventually, it'll disappear. Turn the screw back in--in quarter turns if necessary--until you can just feel the second stage pause. That's about as light as it'll get and still give the 2-stage feedback."

Copied from Anotherairgunblog.

Quote:

"Ahhh, almost forgot the important part--how I adjusted the trigger. Here's the procedure: Turn the trigger adjustment screw in all the way. That will give a 2-stage but heavy pull with a very definite second stage. Back out the screw about a half turn at a time until you feel the second-stage get lighter--eventually, it'll disappear. Turn the screw back in--in quarter turns if necessary--until you can just feel the second stage pause. That's about as light as it'll get and still give the 2-stage feedback."
Thank you sir! I will try this tomorrow, just what I was looking for. Hope it works!

Probably stain or dye to bring out the stripes and any figure I think I see something in it based on some of the pictures. I haven't received it yet. I can play with it before I do final shaping and finish sanding. And see what I like. It's all up in the air. If I'm staining it I have to do the checkers first. Blond walnut isn't my thing. I'll know a lot more when I get it wet.
For sure it will get a sanded in finish. Shadow line cheek piece? Maybe a little delrin domed grip cap? Dreaming? Perhaps
Yeah, I could have said HW guard. Same thing. They're reasonable and easy to get. I really should make a milled and filed steel one but my shop time is limited. Two more years I plan on going part time. I'm 64 and really fit so I should have some great years ahead to make and do everything I've dreamt about. Praying for that always. And giving thanks for how it's been (y)
View attachment 439403

View attachment 439413
Missed out on that Sold lightning quick

Missed out on that Sold lightning quick
No, It was listed a few weeks. I actually offered a kinda low price at first because I wasn't sure if I wanted the project or what the wood would look like. I thought it looked like it had figure and I definitely like Turkish walnut streaks. So after about a week I ponied up with a better offer. Glad I did it's a beautiful 1/4 sawn stick with wide fiddleback patches all up and down both sides. It's a JM stock but I haven't seen this particular pattern before. And it feels really nice in my ape hands. I have so many projects in progress already and so busy with my work and the exercise I need. Like everything else, I'll get it done. And I'll show it then.

No, It was listed a few weeks. I actually offered a kinda low price at first because I wasn't sure if I wanted the project or what the wood would look like. I thought it looked like it had figure and I definitely like Turkish walnut streaks. So after about a week I ponied up with a better offer. Glad I did it's a beautiful 1/4 sawn stick with wide fiddleback patches all up and down both sides. It's a JM stock but I haven't seen this particular pattern before. And it feels really nice in my ape hands. I have so many projects in progress already and so busy with my work and the exercise I need. Like everything else, I'll get it done. And I'll show it then.
I think I saw it then it was sold a day later so I was unaware it had been online for that period Just got super excited Great buy Congrats!!!!!