FWB FWB 124 Sport

I put an old Clearidge 3-9x32AO with thin crosshairs to check accuracy. It's a tack driver at 15 yards with meisterkugeln pellets. The black dot to the right was point of aim. The group below was the first 5. After dialing it in it put 5 in one hole.

View attachment 439585
That second group is typical for a 124. They definitely will shoot better than I can muster. That's an awesome group!!!

That second group is typical for a 124. They definitely will shoot better than I can muster. That's an awesome group!!!
Thanks, this rifle surprised me with how accurate it is for an untuned spring- piston rifle.

Eventually, I need to install a tune kit for it. Does the ARH high power kit result in a harsher shot cycle or is it as calm as the standard 12 fpe kit?

Reactions: Bandito
Personally I'd sell it to someone that would pay too much for it, and buy a Weihrauch.

But if you want to keep it, the ARH kits are about the only game in town for parts. Break the trigger on disassembly and you're screwed so be careful.

I've tuned them with a new long factory style spring and the ARH kits and found that the ARH kits shot a little better with about the same or a fuzz less velocity. Pay attention to seal fit, as most of those guns had tight or tapered tubes and seal fit is critical or else they won't make decent power. Depending on how bad the tube is, it may never make top power anyway no matter how much spring you cram in it.

Also keep an eye on the forearm screws. If they are too long (no washers? Wood compressed?) they will press on the barrel detent wedge and cause it to fall out. It's just a cheesy press fit into the receiver. And once it comes loose, you're screwed.

It will always shoot much harsher than it should for the power level. Too much piston mass, too much stroke, and not enough weight to the gun. Striving for more power will only make it worse. Keep it tame if you want to keep the accuracy you have now. It only makes sense, right?

The one I kept out of the few I've thankfully gotten rid of, runs a lightened piston and shoots okay at 11fpe. I never run them any more than that personally, and you'll struggle to surpass it in a gun with a less than perfect tube anyway.

Personally I'd sell it to someone that would pay too much for it, and buy a Weihrauch.

But if you want to keep it, the ARH kits are about the only game in town for parts. Break the trigger on disassembly and you're screwed so be careful.

I've tuned them with a new long factory style spring and the ARH kits and found that the ARH kits shot a little better with about the same or a fuzz less velocity. Pay attention to seal fit, as most of those guns had tight or tapered tubes and seal fit is critical or else they won't make decent power. Depending on how bad the tube is, it may never make top power anyway no matter how much spring you cram in it.

Also keep an eye on the forearm screws. If they are too long (no washers? Wood compressed?) they will press on the barrel detent wedge and cause it to fall out. It's just a cheesy press fit into the receiver. And once it comes loose, you're screwed.

It will always shoot much harsher than it should for the power level. Too much piston mass, too much stroke, and not enough weight to the gun. Striving for more power will only make it worse. Keep it tame if you want to keep the accuracy you have now. It only makes sense, right?

The one I kept out of the few I've thankfully gotten rid of, runs a lightened piston and shoots okay at 11fpe. I never run them any more than that personally, and you'll struggle to surpass it in a gun with a less than perfect tube anyway.
I have one because I had to have one of everything and like it but to be honest my HW50 is a whole lot better. Lighter, better trigger, shoots nicer, and just as accurate. A little bit less power becaus my 124 is full power. Even looks better especially with a custom stock. An HW50 sells for less than a used 124.
Oh heck, have both!
IMG_0957-1.jpg

I have one because I had to have one of everything and like it but to be honest my HW50 is a whole lot better. Lighter, better trigger, shoots nicer, and just as accurate. A little bit less power becaus my 124 is full power. Even looks better especially with a custom stock. An HW50 sells for less than a used 124.
Oh heck, have both!
View attachment 439866
Nice looking 50!!!!! .

Personally, I use the Slightly Softer Kit from ARH in mine. A little less power but an easier cocking stroke and no twang. Plus....a peep site. It's way too easy with a scope. Compared to a 50, the 124 is way easier to cock.
Despite what some say, the FWB 124 is well made...IMO. Yes the 50 has a better trigger, but the barrels aren't all that.....and that's what really counts. The FWB barrel is top of the line....hence one hole groups like yours! Try doing that with a 50 you just tried for the second time.
Here's one of my 124s in a Steve Corcoron stock. They can look nice too!

IMG_20240227_083839.jpg

IMG_20240227_083849.jpg

Probably stain or dye to bring out the stripes and any figure I think I see something in it based on some of the pictures. I haven't received it yet. I can play with it before I do final shaping and finish sanding. And see what I like. It's all up in the air. If I'm staining it I have to do the checkers first. Blond walnut isn't my thing. I'll know a lot more when I get it wet.
For sure it will get a sanded in finish. Shadow line cheek piece? Maybe a little delrin domed grip cap? Dreaming? Perhaps
Yeah, I could have said HW guard. Same thing. They're reasonable and easy to get. I really should make a milled and filed steel one but my shop time is limited. Two more years I plan on going part time. I'm 64 and really fit so I should have some great years ahead to make and do everything I've dreamt about. Praying for that always. And giving thanks for how it's been (y)
View attachment 439403

View attachment 439413
a light wipe with water brings grain out to see what it may look like after finishing. then a light finish sanding b4 any stain or oil .

Nice looking 50!!!!! .

Personally, I use the Slightly Softer Kit from ARH in mine. A little less power but an easier cocking stroke and no twang. Plus....a peep site. It's way too easy with a scope. Compared to a 50, the 124 is way easier to cock.
Despite what some say, the FWB 124 is well made...IMO. Yes the 50 has a better trigger, but the barrels aren't all that.....and that's what really counts. The FWB barrel is top of the line....hence one hole groups like yours! Try doing that with a 50 you just tried for the second time.

View attachment 439910

View attachment 439911

Easy to cock, now imagine my 121 at sub 6fpe! :)

238  FWB 121.JPG

Nice looking 50!!!!! .

View attachment 439910

View attachment 439911
I actually considered an SC stock. Nice lumber

Looks cool.
Mine's a little different. The price a little dear. But the wood looks like it has great potential.
Did you use a Beeman trigger guard?
View attachment 439370
To the guys that passed it up.
This might make you cry.
First sneak peek not the best lighting. It looks much better in person. Both sides.

Last edited:
I have a 124 with an ARH spring kit in it, the barrel is very accurate, but after shooting the 97K, TX200 HC and my 300, the trigger on the 124 is just soooo terrible I can't hit a thing with it!
I have played with the adjustment screw both directions and can get a heavy mushy single stage to a two stage 20lb trigger! theres not much in between....I once spoke to David Slade about it and he said if I was comparing it to those other guns, don't bother sending it in, as it will NEVER feel as good as any of those even after he did a trigger job!
So sad....

Reactions: Bandito
I fooled with my FWB 124D trigger for about 1 hour. 1.5 lbs was the best I could get. However, it seems like the trigger pull weight jumped all over the place as I adjusted it. For example, it would get lighter when I turned it the screw to lighten it. But if I continued turning the screw, it would get heavier. You had to turn the adjustment screw clockwise and counter clockwise hunting for the sweet spot. However 1.5 lbs is pretty good. There was an article of a FWB 124 quest to lighten the trigger but could not find it. I do not believe he got it under 1.5 lbs.