FWB 124 Prices

I have two like new San Rafael FWB 124's, I had to molest both due to typical original piston seal disintegration, while I had guns apart I installed complete ARH Pro Mac Kits in each gun, one has full power kit while the other has the slightly softer kit. The full power kit shoots 7.9 JSB's @ 870 FPS and the softer kit exactly 100 FPS slower. Both guns really accurate but I shoot the softer kit gun more often. I acquired these two guns several years ago for hardly anything since both where nonfunctional. I noticed a 124D on eBay with no open sights just sold for $710, did not realize these old guns are bringing this kind of money now. 

In large part because people got flush with that Stimulus money, unemployment and the extra money most states were paying out and with nothing else to do, sat home with their free money overbidding on rifles at auctions and driving prices through the roof. 

While yes, older rifles tend to bring a higher premium, I sat watching an auction on a Beeman R10 .20 cal that when the dust settled, some idiot paid almost $1100 for and that was before adding in the shipping cost and that's just one of many. 

At the end of the day, any rifle is only what someone is willing to pay for it but all that free gov't money made people stupid....lol.

I watch Ebay regularly for these and can tell you they fetch good money! Just saw a poor condition Deluxe model sell for $315. Banged up stock, some rust, and seller said when you cocked it the action would lift out of the the stock. I've seen the standard models run in the $400-$500 range in excellent condition. The Deluxe in excellent runs in the $500-$600 most of the time. Occasionally I see the JNC stamped models which sell in the $700 +/- range. One of the nicest one's I saw was a mint condition (tuned) purchased through Beeman with all the paper work. It was a Deluxe that had the select wood, select group (accuracy), select barrel angle (droop), options offered by Beeman. It also had a Beeman Blue Ribbon scope. It also had the trigger shoe, muzzle brake, and Beeman custom sling included. It also came with original front and rear sights. I believe it sold for $1K if I remember correctly.

I paid $400 for my JNC stamped model from a AGN member. It's not a safe queen but still in good condition. Was told it was soft tuned which it wasn't. Had the wrong breech seal and needed lube. From the color of the breech seal I'm sure it's a ARH seal. It now shoots a little lower than yours. I'm at 848 fps with the Air Arms 7.9 gr pellet which is the best performer in my gun. The lighter 7.3 gr JSB's shoot at 870 fps. The 8.4 gr. JSB pellet are at 815 fps. Needless to say those numbers are greater than the rated number put out by Beeman.