• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FWB 124 Deluxe .177 springer kit recommendation?

It appears the piston plastics are dust in my new2me 1986 Feinwerkbau 124 deluxe edition.

fwb124a.1646506120.JPG

Any complete kit easy enough this idiot could do it?
I picked up a spring compressor from PA to make that easier I hope.

I'm thinking maybe this?
https://www.airrifleheadquarters.com/catalog/item/251483/9246105.htm

f

Make sure you get the trigger adjusted right. Worth the effort! Many are way off and the owner never "gets it". Be careful not to damage the safety.

anotherairgunblog above is very good.

Scroll down this page to find very good FWB 124 info.

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery.com/feinwerkbau-rifles/feinwerkbau-modell-124/

Do you think this gun will be a keeper?

Thanks all for the links! At least one I've considered. I've not done a spring replacement before.

KWK, I was going to sell it as-is, save someone a couple hundred bucks. But if I fix it, they sell for $700+ on eBay, and that'll get me other things I'd rather have. :)

The ARH kit is the way to go. Full power !

I don't need full power. Paper doesn't car how hard I hit it.

So long as it gets to the same spot at 25Y, (more is better, but not as common).

It's a nice set, with the Blue Ribbon scope, peep and open sights, original 80s rifle case, sling, all near pristine.

Just needs a little TLC with a kit methinks. :)

Agree ! Don't need 12 ft lbs to punch paper accurately.

ARH are the only kits I know of, not that hard to take apart. Watch when it comes apart, catch the safety lever as there is a small spring under it that can dissapear if your not carefull. Get the barrel tension adjusted properly to maintain accuracy. Make sure you get a breech seal as well. Nice rifle !!!

I read where using small zip ties around the safety slide as you remove it from the receiver will prevent that spring from going airborne.

ARH are the only kits I know of, not that hard to take apart. Watch when it comes apart, catch the safety lever as there is a small spring under it that can dissapear if your not carefull. Get the barrel tension adjusted properly to maintain accuracy. Make sure you get a breech seal as well. Nice rifle !!!

I read where using small zip ties around the safety slide as you remove it from the receiver will prevent that spring from going airborne.

Yes, I use a zip tye during disassembly and reassembly. Takes the danger out of losing the spring on disassembly, or breaking the safety slider during reassembly.

ARH, had two kits. "Full power" and "softer kit" me and most of my customers prefer the softer kit. You lose about 40fps in velocity, but a lot nicer firing cycle, and easy cocking.

Good Luck, Scott

Reactions: Bob_STL

Yes, I use a zip tye during disassembly and reassembly. Takes the danger out of losing the spring on disassembly, or breaking the safety slider during reassembly.

ARH, had two kits. "Full power" and "softer kit" me and most of my customers prefer the softer kit. You lose about 40fps in velocity, but a lot nicer firing cycle, and easy cocking.

Good Luck, Scott

The safety on mine doesn't engage when the rifle is cocked. Any thoughts as to why ?

Yes, I had to apply a little blue locktite to the pivot lock screw to keep it tight. I believe the forks are a bit little spread but that took care of it. Paul Watts said some came that way. I didn't measure my forks. Was experiencing a little lateral stringing. Shoots tight now.

Never had been inside an air rifle in my life...have now done three 124s. I used the stock or whatever it is spring and seal(s) from pyramid, I wanted to see how they shot stock before doing anything else. 

Followed the internet, got a clamp on dovetail compressor, did 2 like that, the compressor is just long enough for the long stock spring, 3rd (which I believe was a 1979 air rifle headquarters set up with Tasco 2-7 ag or ao?) I used a Sun spring compressor I had picked up...easier but maybe harder in someways..but would use it again. 

Very happy with all 3 now. But would like to try some different springs, even the pinker..have a 124 with fwb 300 rear sight..seems like a good one to plink with,

all had disintegrated seals, 1 spring was canted ..but none broken. 

Reactions: Bob_STL