Tuning FWB 124: ARH trigger question

I don't know when they stopped using the plastic triggers but if yours is before that time it's probably why the replacement. You can email JM and I bet he'll tell you if there's any advantage.
Mine appears to be aluminum and the serial is 60418 so I believe it was manufactured in the mid to late 80s. The seller has the original paperwork from Beeman for the gun so I won't really know for sure until I get that next month.

20230415_213739.jpg

The pivot and leverage points are the same between the OEM and ARH triggers to my eye. I asked Jim directly once and he told me that they don't inherently reduce pull weight or creep on their own.

I have installed one over the years replacing a plastic one, and the feel improved but not the weight. Just more precise for lack of a better way to describe it. I believe the factory plastic triggers do flex, and the trigger snobs can tell a difference.

With that little example, personally I don't think it would be worth installing one in place of an OEM aluminum. If it were down to the nitty gritty on some other GOOD trigger, I'd rather have aluminum anyway. I believe they feel better being physically lighter when you get down to ounces in trigger pull weight. But that's absolutely splitting hairs.

My 2 cents..

Reactions: Sqwirl57
The pivot and leverage points are the same between the OEM and ARH triggers to my eye. I asked Jim directly once and he told me that they don't inherently reduce pull weight or creep on their own.

I have installed one over the years replacing a plastic one, and the feel improved but not the weight. Just more precise for lack of a better way to describe it. I believe the factory plastic triggers do flex, and the trigger snobs can tell a difference.

With that little example, personally I don't think it would be worth installing one in place of an OEM aluminum. If it were down to the nitty gritty on some other GOOD trigger, I'd rather have aluminum anyway. I believe they feel better being physically lighter when you get down to ounces in trigger pull weight. But that's absolutely splitting hairs.

My 2 cents..
You aren't splitting hairs at all. That basically answered my questions perfectly. Thank you!

Reactions: thumper
Sold out for now? Roughed out triggers. You finish it.