FWB 124 & 127

Walnut has open grain. Beech is always tight. The gun above (KINGFISHER61) on the RIGHT has flecks (medullary rays) that say BEECH! Sometimes beech looks striped (growth rings) like the gun on the LEFT. Open grain pores would mean it's walnut. You can't tell from this picture. I can't see the pores. Compare the pores on a stock you KNOW is walnut. to beech You'll see the difference. The pores will tell you

Interesting thread, as I just recently started writing down the SNs of 124's and 127's with the Jnc die error that I've seen online. Lots of posts show only one side of the rifle, so you only have the SN or the address. I've only found a few so far that show both sides and have the die error. The lowest SN I've come across is 13946, and the highest is 19652. 5% of that range would mean 285 were .22's; still a rarity, but I suspect the range is probably even bigger. It would be interesting to know the range of the San Anselmo guns, too. Mine is SN 8019. 

Here's another piece of trivia for those who like to follow Beemans line of FWB 124/127's, though not related to Jnc misprint, none the less very interesting. 

San Anselmo was Beemans first address, working from his house, and only for a short period prior to opening shop in San Rafael. While only being at San Anselmo this short period he received FWB 124's with two different nomanclature stampings with the location. 

(1) Made in Germany for Beeman's Precision Airguns, San Anselmo, CAL

(2) Imported by Beeman San Anselmo, CAL 

I don't think many people are aware of this and would think, as a collector, would be valuable knowledge for their collection. I have shared this with a few friends and have never heard this discussed before. 

Lots of bits of trivia associated with this line of sporters that only spanded over 1-1/2 decades and it is for this that I like to follow/collect the Beeman 124/127's as it also provides time lines through Beemans different locations , not to mention they're a great gun to shoot!

Cheers

Hi Mike,

Start by saying, your posts are always worth the read and enjoy seeing your great collection.

The first address I mention is believed to be the 1st address according to my serial numbers, as I have one of each address, and to Tom Gaylords Daily Blog. If interested I will find the blog which others can read. Always fascinating to learn something new.

I don't mean to change direction of this thread and if it's your wish I have no issue with reposting in a new post. Kindest regards!

John, give me some time and I will dig them out and keep the fingers crossed in regards to posting the picture. If I can't manage posting a picture I'll send picture to you to post, be ok?

Mike - Don't hate the messender! LOL

A few years ago I was looking for a decent 124 with the San Anselmo Address, and behold found one on the auction sight and became the highest bidder - woohoo. The very next day there was another San Anselmo fwb 124 for sale, of course I had to look - What the Hey! Two different stampings! The rest is history, and this is how I came to know about this tid bit of trivia. So yes Mike you have reason to keep on looking! And as it looks, you've done a great job - cheers to you!

Here is my Anselmo. It is a very good shooter. LOL serial number 6885. No idea year of production

1586133981_8047615155e8a7bdd237e32.99632675.JPG
1586134004_16551259625e8a7bf45f06b8.75512373.JPG
1586134027_3437726865e8a7c0b826a93.01783615.JPG
1586134095_10979399845e8a7c4f97c081.32473324.JPG