Functional, affordable bipod

2manyAirGunz

Jul 26, 2018
AL
My next rifle should arrive on Tuesday 8/7/2018. Any recommendations on a quality bipod, reasonably priced?

I currently have an Accushot Atlas Bipod - Standard Two Screw 1913 Rail Clamp (Bt10) ($220.00 without the quick release gadget attached - $280 bucks with quick release) on my Impact.

I don't mind paying for quality merchandise to feed this insatiable drive to get the maximum pleasure from my latest hobby. But come on! On Amazon I see bipods ranging in price from approximately $15 to high end bipods at over $300.

Help please. I don't want to pay unnecessarily for what amounts to a name tag.

Where are you, gadballs9?

I agree with Centercut and the others. I have the Accu Tac clone made to copy the Accu Tac SR5 and it is a great bipod. The one I have does have the extendable legs, they are both sturdy and have no wiggle. It really does feel on par with my real Atlas as far as form and function go. It is far superior to the Atlas clones I've seen. I think mine cost around $50. You really can't beat that! Stoti
1533339667_5471027705b64e813517b22.90087493_20180803_163505_resized.jpg

I started using Harris bipods years ago when groundhog hunting, and have seen no reason to change. They are light, extend, and are reliable. I guess it depends on your intended use, but for my purposes, many bipods are just too heavy and involve additional complexities that, for me, are not needed. Several of my air rifles have forend rails (RAW, Steyr), and a simple rail attachment with swivel stud slides and allows the bipod attachment. If you need a lot of movement, then the basic Harris bipod may not suit you, but I use it almost exclusively from a bench, so that feature is not needed.

Mr. Holloway, I appreciate your well-reasoned feedback. I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments about the weight of some bipods being dealbreakers. Which of the Harris bipods best meets your needs?

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_9_7?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=harris+bipods&sprefix=Harris+%2Caps%2C181&crid=2ZGF5QGQXF5GZ

Although I have already ordered the 2 recommended earlier, one for my newly purchased Vulcan2, and one for my anxiously awaited FX Impact X (now in the custom shop per Utah Airguns), I have 10 other PCPs that lack bipods. And as I stated in my initial post above, $280 for the Atlas Bt10, does not make sense to me. 

Thanks again

Mr. Holloway, I appreciate your well-reasoned feedback. I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments about the weight of some bipods being dealbreakers. Which of the Harris bipods best meets your needs?

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_9_7?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=harris+bipods&sprefix=Harris+%2Caps%2C181&crid=2ZGF5QGQXF5GZ

Although I have already ordered the 2 recommended earlier, one for my newly purchased Vulcan2, and one for my anxiously awaited FX Impact X (now in the custom shop per Utah Airguns), I have 10 other PCPs that lack bipods. And as I stated in my initial post above, $280 for the Atlas Bt10, does not make sense to me. 

Thanks again

I'm not sure if the one I use most from the bench is still in their line, as it's over 20 years old. It uses the simplest stud attachment, extends from 6-9", and does not have steps in the legs, so it is infinitely adjustable within its range.