• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fun targets

My favorite shooting activity is offhand plinking and I look for things that make shooting a little more fun. My new favorite target is 8-16 ounce plastic soda bottles. The plastic soda bottles really make noise when hit and jump when you hit them. Some of my air rifles are rather low powered (like 500-600fps) and it makes those guns really fun because the plastic bottles last longer and stay loud longer. Target response is gratifying and more seems to be better. I may try hanging some. They are cheap and I can still recycle them when they get too many holes in them. My 500-600fps guns are getting more use because of these bottles.

Eggs and Army men. Only, we make a challenge out of it. My boys and I like to play war and set our selves up as snipers. We each set out about 20 guys some difficult some not and a few eggs as "explosives". If set properly and with a good shot "lucky" you can take out a few men with the contents of the egg. It's a gamble though because the egg may not contact the men and you loose your shot. We spot our target of interest, call in quadrants, get permission from headquarters, etc. We each take a turn and the Last man standing wins. Egg matter does weigh in sometimes :) Either way it's fun and can be pretty challenging! Normally I would not waste my eggs but the kids often find old eggs from the coop. "That's what they say anyways" lol. It's funny when the airguns come out, we always have bad eggs in the coop...

T.J.

"X27"Golf balls and you usually can source them for free around the woods near driving ranges.
I would at all costs avoid shooting golf balls. They have an inherent quality of ricocheting the pellet straight back at you. Many many people warn never shoot at them. 

Simple google search of "pellet ricocheting off golf ball" should give you more than a few threads of airgun enthusiasts having close calls.

just my .02

Reactions: EXZIVER
"pbguns"
"X27"Golf balls and you usually can source them for free around the woods near driving ranges.
I would at all costs avoid shooting golf balls. They have an inherent quality of ricocheting the pellet straight back at you. Many many people warn never shoot at them. 

Simple google search of "pellet ricocheting off golf ball" should give you more than a few threads of airgun enthusiasts having close calls.

just my .02

Excellent safety heads up! That video says it all! That's a real eye opener or should I say closer......
T.J.