• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Fun shooting these featherweight springers

A couple months ago I got the notion it would be a warm and nostalgic feeling to hold in my aging hands a gun I got for my 13th Christmas, a Slavia 618. It was to be ( a slight ) step up from my worn out Daisy 25.

Now, a couple months later and a bit of time on Ebay, I have 6 from the youth class springer group, and they are quite a hoot to pop tin cans and spinners from the back porch out to 35 yds if I'm using my Merit eyeglass aperture or scope.
Every once in a while I'll take the " impossible " 65 yd shot at my hanging soup can with iron sights, quite rewarding to hear an occasional clunk when the can meets a flying 350 fps 22 JSB LOL.
Good fun to regress after shooting so many more refined guns over the years.

I get a kick out of how massive my scoped HW30 feels after handling one of these little guys..

Top to bottom:
Daisy 230 Scottish Diana 23 in 22 cal
Hy-Score 806 Diana 22 in 22 cal
Slavia 618 in 177
20231111_145222.jpg

I remember going to the little strip mall sporting goods store in around 1959 with my mom to show her the Slavia they had recently gotten in, the guy there took us out behind the store and let me shoot it at a cardboard box to try it out. Talk about a different time! Imagine that scenario happening today LOL I think they cost $12.95 and functioned remarkably well considering how cheaply made they looked.

Reactions: mj102