Fun Halloween Targets at the Dollar Store! Any suggestions??

Hey Airgunners!

I was at the dollar store (Dollar Tree specifically) to get a deck of cards 🃏 for the card-splitting challenge, and saw that they had the Halloween decorations out already. I checked out the offerings, and HAD to buy these:
20230914_145939.jpg

Do you have any suggestions as to how these should meet their demise? ⚰️ I'm getting a little tired of hot glue not holding the plastic targets in place, so I am thinking about drilling holes through them and attaching them to a board with nails. I may also use hot glue to keep them from spinning.

So, I have some glow sticks still from previous shooting sessions, so I was thinking about mounting these targets on a board at an angle, and shoot the glow sticks above them so that the "sauce" will drip down on to these targets. Then, when they are glowing , I can shoot the skulls 💀and eyes 👁️. I've also got a few Firebird targets too, so perhaps I could make a bouquet of the eyes, and blow the whole thing up at once? 💣 This seems like a waste. 🤔

Anyway, we are supposed to have rain over the next few days, so I can't shoot these for a week or so...so I figured that the creativity on this forum may come with a really awesome way to blow these things up that I wouldn't have thought of. Thanks for your input!! (y)

That was a great idea @smythsg ! We have some crazy wind up her at 9100', so I have tried to make sure that my targets are "bullet proof"...or something. Maybe I'm lazy...I don't really like walking back and forth across a 50+ yard span if I can help it, so I want multiple hits on the same target if possible. Check out this stationary target that is totally free.

I'm kinda leaning toward the idea of hanging glow sticks over the eyeballs on strings that I can shoot and have them swing and drop the glowing liquid over the eyeballs. Then I can shoot the eyeballs. I'm not sure what to do with the skulls yet.

Eye Balls , drill a hole through and hang them so they move in the wind , maybe at night shake a glow stick up and drizzle over the Eye
That is what I am thinking for the eyeballs. We get some pretty crazy wind up here, so I think I'll put them in a box to shelter them a tad, and make sure that the glow-juice doesn't contaminate our environment 😇

Now, for the skulls, I just remembered that I have some Red food coloring and a syringe for the Bloody Peeps targets that I made. Maybe I can freeze some dark Red liquid inside the skulls and shoot them like that. That would be better to wait for some snow, and we typically have some snow before Halloween, so perhaps I'll wait on those and shoot the eyeballs soon.

Thanks for the feedback!! This should be a fun session!!

easter & Halloween have the best target selection. The peep chicks are great! let those little guys harden some and bingo exploding targets! I've gone to the secondhand store so much Thay know me as the target guy. :rolleyes: I buy 20 30 spoons at a time and bend the handles around a piece of rebar, for spinner targets. A clerk asked me why only spoons? I tell them that I'm not allowed to have sharp things.🙃 I don't shoot glass for obvious reasons.

I tell them that I'm not allowed to have sharp things.🙃
LOL! Too funny!!

Thay know me as the target guy. :rolleyes:
I haven't gotten saddled with that title yet, I guess since they aren't paying enough attention. I'm always buying stuff to shoot at. The clearance section at WalMart is good too.

I don't shoot glass for obvious reasons.
I agree. Makes too much of a mess. I prefer to shoot edibles so the critters will clean it up, but these Halloween targets were TOO PERFECT to pass up.

Reactions: ToddGeddes63