FX Fully Left Hand FX Impact

I was finally able to convert my FX Impact to a true left hand gun! The magazine now inserts from the left side thereby solving cheek weld issues with the high capacity magazine.

Bullet central sells the magazine bracket for the conversion. You will also need a special left hand magazine, which Bullet Central also makes and sells, however they never made one in 0.25 caliber. After waiting a year, another AGN member suggested that I reach out to Orion the Iguna Hunter. I asked Orion if he could make one and to my delight he did!!! It’s basically the same Impact magazine he sells on his website but mirrrored for left hand insert. Mag wheel rotation is also reversed of course.

I have to give Orion a special shout-out here. Not only did he make a special part for me, he also didn't charge any extra. He is really a stand up guy and a true asset to our airgun community.

IMG_1294.jpeg

IMG_1295.jpeg

I was finally able to convert my FX Impact to a true left hand gun! The magazine now inserts from the left side thereby solving cheek weld issues with the high capacity magazine.

Bullet central sells the magazine bracket for the conversion. You will also need a special left hand magazine, which Bullet Central also makes and sells, however they never made one in 0.25 caliber. After waiting a year, another AGN member suggested that I reach out to Orion the Iguna Hunter. I asked Orion if he could make one and to my delight he did!!! It’s basically the same Impact magazine he sells on his website but mirrrored for left hand insert. Mag wheel rotation is also reversed of course.

I have to give Orion a special shout-out here. Not only did he make a special part for me, he also didn't charge any extra. He is really a stand up guy and a true asset to our airgun community.

View attachment 441995
View attachment 441996
Congratulations on your conversion. My dad was a left hand shooter as well , so I know there aren't many options for lefties.

Congratulations! Do you like having the cocking handle on the left? I shoot from my left shoulder but I am right handed. I prefer the cocking handle on the right. That is one reason I haven't purchased a prophet. Does the Impact convert? Anyway, I'm you got the gun configured for you. I cannot shoot a normal impacxt (I have tried) due to the magazine. Your change would solve that. It would be a whole lot easier if FX offered the same parts or even just offered a small magazine that didn't stick out so far.

Congratulations! Do you like having the cocking handle on the left? I shoot from my left shoulder but I am right handed. I prefer the cocking handle on the right. That is one reason I haven't purchased a prophet. Does the Impact convert? Anyway, I'm you got the gun configured for you. I cannot shoot a normal impacxt (I have tried) due to the magazine. Your change would solve that. It would be a whole lot easier if FX offered the same parts or even just offered a small magazine that didn't stick out so far.
they have a single shot tray don't they ? That would solve that .

I do prefer the cocking handle on the left side. It allows me cycle a round without moving my non-shooting hand, which is helping anchor the rear.

On my old Impact X, and before slugs and high capacity mags, I used low profile mags from CARM, which were awesome.

CARM Low Pro Mag

View attachment 441995
View attachment 441996
I'm glad it worked, and from the first attempt, because I did one before but was from an old version of the magazine, I had to redo this from the latest version that have a few improvements.

My right hand is my normal "go to" hand and I prefer to leave my trigger hand in place. On my short, light, P35s I have zero issue supporting them for a few seconds using my left hand.

Thanks the the link to the low profile CARM magazines. They hold plenty of rounds for me. Still not sure about the FX barrel system but they do have lots of advantages too. Might have to rethink getting one. I like Carm magazines, I have them for my other guns (especially the P35s, SPA magazines seem to damage pellets).

Why the heck would a lefty shooter want the bolt on the right side, does not make sense to me, you are either dropping your support hand or reaching over the scope to cock the rifle.:unsure:

Supported speed shooting and very quick follow up shot that are supported. Basicly your finger is already on the trigger for follow up shots. Off hand shooting sucks as you stated above.

Why the heck would a lefty shooter want the bolt on the right side, does not make sense to me, you are either dropping your support hand or reaching over the scope to cock the rifle.:unsure:
I'm not lefty, but as a right shand hooter I prefer the cocking in the left. The RTI gun was the first one that forced me to this setup, initially I hated it but over the years it has become my preferred way. I think having your dominant hand on the grip and ready to shoot while you reload with your non dominant hand without breaking the line of sight is very effective while hunting. If you are shooting from the bench and do not need speed then either way is fine I guess.

So I see why some left handed shooters will prefer the cocking on the right

View attachment 441995
View attachment 441996