• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FT Jacket

One thing i can agree on is walk in and fit your jacket on you... Mail order clothing and then somthing as this ? Naaaa that's a big dice roll ( opinion).

Like order a xlarge just to get a china x large sized that maybe at best usa medium..lol...ya buddy
Actually following the Kurt Thune measurement guide and then buying one of their ready made coats that conform to those same measurements eliminates the problems you mention. This isn’t some Chinese made coat or company and it’s not easy for the user like ordering from Amazon. This is a high performance tool to help shooters achieve their best.

Reactions: K9bite
Depends on how often you want to wear it and how much you want to spend. I started off with a off-brand ISSF Shooting Jacket that I took to a tent company and had quick connects clips added to it. That lasted a long time but kept on "slipping" as I would want to cinch it up super tight.
I then got a Anschutz Benke Sport edition Jacket. Very cool Jacket and good value for the money, but it was really rough on the inside and got very uncomfortable to wear towards the end on a shoot. Not to mention 3-4 days of worlds.
I fell inlove with the Kurt Thune Jacket after trying one on at the 2017 World Champs in Wales. By far the jacket I have ever had. It's not too hot in Arizona. Comfy, Adjustable. Washable. and fairly easy to pack when traveling.
I would 100% recommend this if you intend to shoot FT for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: BC
Depends on how often you want to wear it and how much you want to spend. I started off with a off-brand ISSF Shooting Jacket that I took to a tent company and had quick connects clips added to it. That lasted a long time but kept on "slipping" as I would want to cinch it up super tight.
I then got a Anschutz Benke Sport edition Jacket. Very cool Jacket and good value for the money, but it was really rough on the inside and got very uncomfortable to wear towards the end on a shoot. Not to mention 3-4 days of worlds.
I fell inlove with the Kurt Thune Jacket after trying one on at the 2017 World Champs in Wales. By far the jacket I have ever had. It's not too hot in Arizona. Comfy, Adjustable. Washable. and fairly easy to pack when traveling.
I would 100% recommend this if you intend to shoot FT for the foreseeable future.
Thanks Lauren. One half of my brain is telling me to just go ahead and get the KT, while the other half is telling me it is too expensive for my budget. I'll let you know which half of my brain wins.

K9bite,
I had the same concern when I started to shoot High Power Rifle. I was using a cheap K-Mart spotting scope. A friend asked me why I didn't buy something good. I said it was expensive and he said that i should not be concerned because I was only going to have to buy it once! He was right. I still have my Unertl scope and my Freeland scope stand almost forty years later. I started with a cheap shooting jacket too. Now I have several good ones that I have had for over twenty years. Buy good stuff and keep it a long time.

Reactions: K9bite