• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

FT GUN TOTES

Happy Easter to you and your family Chas and yes I am well thankyou. I have to agree this is one of those RAWs that is drop dead gorgeous and the big belly stock design you really don't need a hamster. It's overall length is only 40" and that's another thing I luv about it. Most RAWs are about 45". I got lucky when I acquired this one and have a handful of people that want to buy it from me but it's one of those guns you never sell unless your totally getting out of airguns and that's not happening anytime soon. It's in .20 and yesterday I tried the heavier 15.89grn heavies for the first time. At 50yds I was making 5 shot groups that were literally one hole about half the size of a dime. It shouts just as good as it looks! So we stay on topic the MTM Case Gard fits it great too 👍

Garrett...you gotta show us your sophisticated pellet holder.
1f600.svg

1586738124_4310235885e93b3cc219ec3.35466279.jpeg
1586738125_15556588445e93b3cd6126f3.82205899.jpeg

Altoids tin

Reactions: cavedweller
The totes the guys use are cool and keep your gun outta the mud etc. Most of our guys make their own out of wood, and line the edges with foam. The bottom of them are just plain wood and filled with everything needed for the day. They all use a rope handle and some have rubber hose over the rope to make it a better handle and outta the dirt. Some use PVC or buy some on ebay. A few of the guys use the foldable aluminum ones that they also throw in their luggage when they travel (before the virus). Good luck, theyre a million pictures of them out there. BC

I've seen alot of these and have made a few myself but I have to say the one I currently use which was recommended to me by Mike Niksch who is the owner and developer of Thomas Air guns is this MTM Case Guard. I think I bought mine on Midway USA but it is fantastic. Key points are very lightweight and can hold any gun I have put in it, tons of space and is somewhat protected by the elements. I took a few pics since I needed to clean it but the one pic is everything I keep I'm it,from a kestrel to rangefinder, 2 tins of pellets, bug dope,metric and sae wrenches, windicatots.pencils pens a multitool a few dope sheets lens cleaner and a.few odds and ends. Yes all that and then some.

What I didn't like about the homemade wood ones was how heavy they ended up being. By the time you add in the materials of the wood ones this case guard is about the same price and my h lighter and in my opinion more functional. I did have to add the carrying straps to it put that was a easy enough.

View attachment 86651

View attachment 86658

View attachment 86680

View attachment 86697

View attachment 86716

View attachment 86727
I have one from my High Power Rifle shooting days … can you post photos of the straps? Need an example of how you secure the straps and what you used as straps. Just now getting into air guns and want to shoot FT Thanks.

I made mine out of Balsa Wood boards and sheets for the most part, and aluminum angle for the legs.Then sprayed it all over with Flex seal to waterproof it as much as possible. Wanted to keep it light, so I glued multiple layers of Balsa together before I cut to fit. I carry munchies and ice water and air and plenty of pellets:D
Thx
Dan
IMG_20220713_141837.jpg
IMG_20220713_143548.jpg
IMG_20220713_141811.jpg

Reactions: EDventure
One of the best features of the Tipton or the Case Guard is the removable stands. They fit inside and allow for transport in your luggage without taking up much room if you were to fly to a match.

Last year at the Nats, my PVC pipe carrier that I had for years got crushed inside my suitcase by the airlines. In a panic, i darted to the local Bass Pro, and picked up the Tripton. Drilled four holes, and fed through the rope. Baaaam! in less than 15 minutes i was operational again. Must say, its a pretty smoking deal for what you pay for what it does.

There are so many ideas out there, wood, PVC, aluminum, i think thats one of the most fun about customizing. I eventually made a golf cart thing to carry my guns, air, cooler, chair, jacket, and lunch. we have a dude here that made a electrical bike side cart that holds his equip, and a full size 7ft wide patio umbrella.

Good luck!

Garrett
🤪

Need a photo of Otis's stand.

Here's a photo of mine, with a little dog-butt bonus. Two things to note: the bicycle water bottle cage works great to keep a wet water bottle out of your stuff. And the little red paracord loops are to lock it down to my jogging stroller with bungee cords. As Van Hagar said, I've got the Best. Of. Both. Worlds.

And I just noticed how horrible some of my cuts are. Ignore that, I threw this together 10 years ago out of scrap wood, pretty sure I used a sawzall to cut it.

20230505_085430.jpg