• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FT etiquette question

Not to kick a dead horse, but while doing my daily reading of the AAFTA rulebook I found something interesting.

"WFTF shooters are hereby advised that AAFTA WFTF Division Rules may differ from rules applicable at international events sanctioned by the World Field Target Federation (WFTF). For more information about WFTF Core and Comprehensive Rules, visit:https://www.world-field-target-federation.org/rules-and-guides"

and

"The WFTF Division rules are intended to promote International style Field Target competition, and as such shall closely resemble the World Field Target Federation (WFTF) Core Rules. See section on WFTF Division Rules."

I don't know when or if this changed, but I was under the impression the WFTF division had to follow the WFTF Core Rules. Now it appears that the AAFTA rules are the rules, they are written to resemble the WFTF Core rules but are not replaced or superseded by them.

Not to kick a dead horse, but while doing my daily reading of the AAFTA rulebook I found something interesting.

"WFTF shooters are hereby advised that AAFTA WFTF Division Rules may differ from rules applicable at international events sanctioned by the World Field Target Federation (WFTF). For more information about WFTF Core and Comprehensive Rules, visit:https://www.world-field-target-federation.org/rules-and-guides"

and

"The WFTF Division rules are intended to promote International style Field Target competition, and as such shall closely resemble the World Field Target Federation (WFTF) Core Rules. See section on WFTF Division Rules."

I don't know when or if this changed, but I was under the impression the WFTF division had to follow the WFTF Core Rules. Now it appears that the AAFTA rules are the rules, they are written to resemble the WFTF Core rules but are not replaced or superseded by them.
AAFTA WFTF Classs does not follow the WFTF Class exactly. There are some minor differences. In the US at AAFTA events, we follow AAFTA rules. In the US (or elsewhere in the world) at WFTF events, we follow the WFTF rules. This has not changed in decades. Thank you for your question.