N/A Ft break barrel rifle

The 34 is a good rifle. Sounds to me like your primary focus is a hunting rifle that you will use in FT secondary. Quite frankly that should be the spirit of the sport but unfortunately, due to stupid rule changes, it has become an equipment race. You won’t win the equipment race so don’t even try. You just pick a nice rifle you would want to hunt with and go shoot FT and have a good time. You will be a better hunter/shooter by doing so. There really needs to be an old school class in FT using break barrel rifles, sub 12 fpe, and sub 12x scopes. My pick would be the HW98 but if too heavy then get a HW95. Check Krale for the best price. I am a big 34 fan so not knocking it. The 34 is a solid rifle, good barrel, and the T06 trigger is great. They are the easiest spring rifle to work on IMO. When it comes to shooting matches you just need to figure out your baseline performance and work to improve it. If you go shoot a match with a RWS 34 you aren’t in a good position to beat a guy with a Thomas and a March scope. You just go do the best you can do with the equipment you chose based off your needs and budget. By competing it will force you to figure out all the possible ways to get the best accuracy out of your rig. By doing that it will pay off when you take that rifle hunting.

Reactions: Hold_Over and mh
Is FT similar to NRA Silhouette? I got a new Weihrauch HW 95L this and it's a fine shooter.
FT is very different from NRA silhouette. (I think FT is more fun...then again, I'm biased)

Here's a good YT video explaining what FT (in the USA) is. Terry in the video is shooting hunter FT division PCP class.

If you like to read and want more detail. Here's the AAFTA site.

Last edited: