• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

frustration!

SnakeDoctor
If I was just starting out in PCP, I think I would go with a used Benjamin Discovery that has been tuned by a reputable tuner or better yet, I'd buy one from Mac-1
In fact, I'm pondering the idea of buying one from Tim to use as a loaner to see how many of my friends I could get hooked on this bad habit ;-)
http://www.mac1airgunshop.com/benjamin-discovery-with-mac1-tune-p/bedim1.htm

That and a nice Hill Pump and you would be set!
My first PCP was a .25 cal Marauder and it was a beast to hand pump for only 16 to 20 shots to a fill. I traded it for a tuned .177 Marauder with an air reservoir extension and it was still a beast to pump, but at least I got over 50 shots to a fill.

Now the thing with the Discovery is you would only have to fill it to 2000 psi vs 3000 psi with the Marauder and that will a lot less pumping. When she get's down to 1200 psi, just pump her back up to 2000 and yer good to go!

My Marauders have since led me down the path to parting with even more of my money for Kalibrgun, Air Arms, and FX.......maybe one day I'll have the elusive Steyr in my hands? LOL

Snake Doc

My buddy Paul and I just ordered 2 refurbed .177 discos from Norm at Discos R Us today for $180 each.
I've gotta little 3-9x32 Bugbuster to go on mine.
Can't wait till it gets here. We will get them scoped and sighted in and let ya know what we think!
We both got them as loaners, in case we have some local friends who wanna take one home and play with it?
I still have the benji pump that I bought with my first Marauder. Will be interesting to see how hard these babies are to hand pump ;-)

Heck yeah, get that Hatsan if ya want it.
Can't wait for ya to go over the dark side man ;-)

Chrony finally came in. We used it at work tonight. (shhhh). My trail came in at an average of 726fps with a spread of 15 with crosman premier 14.3 domes. Then I shot it about a hundred times and it still hits anywhere from an inch to an inch and a half to the left. I just laid it out on the rest and pulled it into my shoulder, not even snug, and gently squeezed the trigger. Tomorrow I'm gonna try another scope and see what happens.

"snakedoctor9"Chrony finally came in. We used it at work tonight. (shhhh). My trail came in at an average of 726fps with a spread of 15 with crosman premier 14.3 domes. Then I shot it about a hundred times and it still hits anywhere from an inch to an inch and a half to the left. I just laid it out on the rest and pulled it into my shoulder, not even snug, and gently squeezed the trigger. Tomorrow I'm gonna try another scope and see what happens.
I'm a terrible shot to start with and even worse with a springer, but this is how huge my groups were with my Umarex

Then with an Air Arms TX 200 HC they tightened up considerably

The rifle made the difference for me on that one. It's my only springer now.

This was with the .25 Cricket

Its CO2 and HPA that you are not supposed to mix, per the Discovery people. I shot a RWS springer for years an you must find how to hold the gun and be very consistent. Learning on a springer will teach you how to shoot. Still have the springer but main gun is Gen 1 Mrod 25 and loving it. Now lusting after the new Wildcat, just cant do $1300 at this time. Friend of my has an AA springer that is both beautiful and deadly accurate. However this fellow is an accomplished spring gunner. This Ted guy and his channel are getting expensive.

Snakedoctor9: just hang in there, buddy. A springer can be tough, because it's different. That said, could be you have a scope alignment issue. I would suggest quality scope rings (just meaning not the ones that came with the rifle, they're kinda flimsy and noticeably imprecise) that are as low as the scope objective and weaver rail will allow. When you mount your scope, an easy way to ensure proper alignment is to put the rifle on a rest, and use a level on the weaver rail to true it. Set the scope where you want it, and put the level on the top cap. Leave it there as you torque your cap bolts down, and use it to make sure your scope is still level. Lastly, I have a heavy rope hanging from a tree in the backyard that I use to eyeball the reticle's vertical alignment. 

Even though your velocity is in the ballpark, you may consider putting a new seal in it. The two things that helped my first springer (Crosman Vantage NP) shoot more accurately were replacing the seal (rebuild and lube-tune) and putting it in a new stock (composite). The old seal was beat up from the factory install, and not only hurt my muzzle velocity (by about 250fps on average), but also caused it to shoot VERY inconsistently (BIG extreme spread). The stock was just crap. The action wasn't bedded tightly enough in the (wooden) stock, and allowed too much movement when fired, no matter how much I tightened the screws. It killed 5 scopes in the wood stock (4 bundled, 1 of the shelf CP). If your screws need tightening every 50 shots or so, the stock may be your problem. My Vantage NP is basically a Benji Trail NP synthetic now, and I love it. It's accurate, smooth, powerful, and took all my squirrels last season (tho that was not many/sad season). I like PCPs, but I love springers now that I put in the time learning their idiosyncracies. 

"CampFussell"Snake
I wouldn't even waste my time with a 3000 psi tank unless I was shooting a Discovery that only needs 2000 psi.

I have a 44 cu ft 4500psi SCBA tank and can fill the 231cc reservoir on my Air Arms to 2900 psi about 25 times with it

90 ci is pretty small. I've never used one.

Agreed. If you have a 2800 - 3000 fill and are going to use a tank, you are going to have to get a tank with a fill much higher than 3000. There are some steel tanks that go higher than 3000 but if you want to go higher than 3400, you might as well bite the pellet and get a carbon fiber setup and be done with it. And make friends with the Fire Dept., they have 6000 hpa to fill their scba tanks to 4500.

A last thought. I understand the Gen 2 mrods in 22 and under are set for a 2500 fill. If money is really tight you could get a 3400 steel tank and make due. If you get a 25 marauder figure in a carbon fiber tank setup. I learned the hard (expensive) way. You might check ebay for a used scba tank but be sure to figure in adapters and getting the tank recertified. Be aware that CF tanks have a legal useful life of 15 years then its time to get a new one.