• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Frustrating malfunctioning WC MKIII

I ordered a WC MKIII Sniper edition in July 2020 from Utah Airguns and received the rifle S/N 0107755) on the 14th of Sept 2020. During the about the first week of October 2020 the rifle malfunctioned and would not fire a pellet past 10-20 yards. I then contacted Utah Airguns and they sent me return authorization an I returned the rifle to them. On about the 23rd of October they shipped the rifle back to me. The following week I went to the range and discovered that at setting # 7 there there was a 150 to 300 fps spread during a 10 shot set. Next I called FX in North Carolina and spoke to a tech who requested that I send the rifle to them. I had to pay the shipping charge ( I had the rifle for about two months in my possession). I sent the rifle to them during November 2020. In December 2020 I got the rifle back. I took it to the range and to my frustration the pellet probe would not enter the barrel. That very day I called FX North Carolina told a tech about the problem and wondered how testing was done on the rifle. He had me check installation of the pellet probe and the set screw was in place and tight. A friend owned a Impact so we swapped barrels and the pellet probe would seat. The tech told me he would send me a new barrel. Mid February 2021 I received the wrong barrel, the compact variant. I called FX and they wanted me to send pictures of my rifle to verify that I owned a sniper rifle. I did and sent the compact barrel back to FX north Carolina. Late February early March I received the correct barrel. Due to COVID19 I could not test rifle until late March early April. After about a month rifle would not cock and cracked the plastic on the magazines. I called Utah Airguns and the tech had to ship the rifle to them. Once I received the rifle it was shooting well for about a month then again it would not cock!! I contacted Utah Airguns and the tech taught me how to adjust the cocking rod linkage and pellet probe. About once a week or I would repeat the procedure where the rifle would not cock. The latest malfunction this month, September, when I went to the range the rifle would not shoot a pellet past 15 yards and I felt blow back in my face. So I changed the o'ring in the breach, twice, and still had blow back. Again I called Utah Airguns and thru trouble shooting, on the phone, found that the pellet probe was not seating fully in the transfer port. With each adjustment the two set screw for the cocking lever were so tight they left dents in the rod. he then said he would order some replacement parts. Again the rifle sits in the case and not used.

Try watching the master class videos that are posted on their website. That gun is really easy to work on and it’s a really good gun. I have owned every version of the WC series and I still own a WC MKIII COMPACT. It’s one of my favorite guns. I have not messed with the MKIII too much but I did take the 1st and second generations apart a few times. 
I think you will have a lot better luck fixing it yourself. From my experience with FX USA, I wouldn’t count on them. Sending the wrong parts is part of their DNA. I honestly think their reps are not familiar with the guns they sell and they take forever to ship (the wrong parts).