Frustrating gun manufacturers!!!

What am I doing wrong...I see others getting their guns delivered, But I can't catch a break; 6 months now and still no firm delivery date for my silver .30 FX impact! Just excuses. Mine was ordered Nov. 2 and promised by February, then mid March because they put down black instead of silver. 2 weeks ago, I was told to expect a shipping call the next day, it never happened, so I checked again and now it's "maybe April" for a 30 cal, but "possibly" May. That's 7 months wait with no guarantee. 
So, I tried getting one through a Netherlands dealer; was told they have .30 cal silver Impacts in stock, and although they can ship any gun I want to the US, as long as it is not an FX . AOA must have paid a pretty penny for that little monopoly. I only ever had more trouble getting something I ordered with, you guessed it, other air-gun companys, first a Quigley .72; They eventually went out of business after I had mine on order for over 3 years.....now I hear they are building their 45s for another start-up AG company. Failure number two; Jack Haley died after I waited on his list over 2-years for a .257; finally, after trying for 3 years to even get on Quackenbush's order list, I found out through the grape vine, that you had to get your family members, friends and relatives all applying for his "List lottery" to get an even chance. So, I figured I will just pick up an FX Wildcat to play with until my Impact comes in...NOT...There is at least a month long wait for that one too. What is it with air gun builders? Is the demand out growing capacity that bad, or do I have a knack for picking the wrong guns. By god, someday I swear I will own something other than my boring Marauder.

I think the 14 weeks I waited for my RAW was the longest I have waited for any product that I have ordered and that was painful. Judging by all the new airguns coming to market and demand for guns in general as well as rising ammo prices I would say that demand is very high at the moment. I'm sorry you are having such bad luck. That is very frustrating. Maybe look for a used one? I see lots of nice ones in our classifieds and AoA's site as well.Here's wishing you better luck going forward!

Steeve. You are not alone. There are a lot in the waiting-for-the-impact-boat I`m afraid. For myself I ordered the Impact early in june 2015, and let my retailer choose black or silver due to whatever he could deliver first. In the middle of January a black impact hit the Norwegian soil, and that is a short travel distance from FX in Sweeden. 
7 months. And I do not think that it unusual. 
Have to add: The extra mags and the extra bottle I ordered with the rifle did not come in before yesterday, so the complete order took about 9 months. More like a pregnancy with (what do you call it) travails at the end.....?
I belive FX has extremely underestimated the demand for this rifle, and all the extras that comes with it.

I ordered a silver Impact in .25 a couple months ago and decided last week to cancel that order. I did a lot of research as I am not accustomed to spending $2k for a rifle and came to the conclusion a RAW HM1000x is in my future! I placed the order directly with Martin and he said it would be completed in approximately 3 months. From everything I have read about RAW, I don't think there will be any regrets.

Steeve, I know how you feel mate. The place where I stay, it takes a year for an airgun released in Shot show to even land here. I feel your frustration. The only benefit I see in my immensely long wait for any airgun to reach me is .....that, by the time I get a new gun in my hands, it's probably the 2nd or 3rd gen variant with all the kinks fixed. I recently got the Vulcan which I've been waiting to get my hands on since the day it was announced at Shot show. Lucky for me, the long wait ensured that I got the most recent version with all upgrades and kinks fixed. This baby shoots like a tac driver.

There is a strange pleasure in finally owning an airgun which you've been waiting for. I hope you experience this sooner than later. 

Waiting can be hard, fortunately we are talking airguns not a new liver or such! 

I have waited for pre-order rifles in the past, I had the 3rd Career Ultra in the US, was told to put down a $10.00 deposit and he "thought" the rifles would arrive in 6 weeks, one day short of six weeks I got the call , rifle was in. Samething with the 1st .22 Bam50's , wanted one, was told 2 weeks to arrival, gave no money down and was placed on a list, 2 weeks later I had the rifle. Wanted an excaliber, was told 2 weeks, it was in in two weeks. No problem. Ordered a custom RAW was given a wait time, got my rifle a week before I was told to expect it and that's custom. All these folks ( and others I've not listed) ALSO communicated with me, KEY pint there to ease the wait.
I was on the DAQ wait list, "up to six months" back then, had my rifle in 3 weeks. Sent a rifle to a tuner was told " 6 weeks average turn around" had it back in 5 weeks.

Waiting isn't a problem, but, having NO idea at all how long one might wait ? Not for me at all. 

Sthuff does happen but a company should have some realistic idea when something will be available and even if that time frame changes it is my feeling the company should let EVERYONE ( waiting/current/future customers ) know exactly what is up.

"HauntedMyst"Sadly, with many PCP guns, shipping on the stated date seems to be the exception rather than the rule. When I ordered an Edgun Lelya, it wasn't ready to ship for 6 months until after the estimated ship date and the dealer was sadly silent during the entire time.
It's hard to tell where the line is between the manufacturer's "business sense" and the manufacturer's "integrity". Timely communication and keeping the customers informed is not a substitute for "integrity" but it certainly makes good "business sense". However, after so many long delays the customers start questioning "business sense", and when those long delays continue to go unexplained...they start questioning "integrity". 

You could try to buy a used impact or wildcat from the classifieds section. Many of the sellers take very good care of their guns and basically come near or better than the factory ones. It may take some time frequenting the forums but you learn a lot and not deal with factory defects. I hear there is nothing worse than receiving a gun with leaks or something that invalidates its use. I agree with you though. Monopolies suck! 

"FukoChan"You could try to buy a used impact or wildcat from the classifieds section. Many of the sellers take very good care of their guns and basically come near or better than the factory ones. It may take some time frequenting the forums but you learn a lot and not deal with factory defects. I hear there is nothing worse than receiving a gun with leaks or something that invalidates its use. I agree with you though. Monopolies suck!
When buying a few weeks old used gun for a couple of hundred dollars below retail price may want to consider that many manufacturers' warranty does not transfer to the next owner. Some newer (smarter?) manufacturers now warranty their products without placing on them the "original owner only" limitation. I think that if the manufacturers are confident in their products' build quality and performance they should stand behind them during the entire warranty period regardless if they change hands. Imagine buying a car and selling it for some reason after a month and the next owner would not be eligible for the 50,000 miles/4 year warranty. These old non-competitive self-serving practices for airguns costing over $2K should be the thing of the past.

Here are some airgun manufacturers' warranties: http://airgunnation.dev/topic/airgun-industry-warranty-please-post-the-policy-for-each-brand-you-know/

Thanks for the kind words and sympathy. I have looked at the RAW 1000, Flex, Slayer, Vulcan and a few others. I thought the Impact fit my needs best, so that was my choice. The others lack features that I want, Light weight, forward cocking lever placement, mag size, low maintenance accurate barrel, etc, I came very close to buying a 303 Wolverine and again when the carbon bottle version came out, with my finger hovering over the send money button, I thought it was the best and it was the only .30 pellet shooter at the time, but for the 4,000$ it would take to get me shooting it. I heard about the development of the Inovairtech air cartridge gun and started looking into that with it's promise of no air tube and light weight; unfortunately it came out just as heavy as the rest and the cartridges don't hold air consistently long enough. Then the Impact was introduced and I was blown away. Everything I dreamed of in one gun. I did shop the classifieds and saw a few come up, while waiting for my AOA order, but I am leery of buying used, after my second used purchase off the Yellow board, an Evanix Max automatic BP, which turned out to be an incredible POC. By the time I finally get my Impact, I hope I can still see well enough to shoot and my back and knees are still working good enough to walk; there will probably be new guns coming out that are even better too. I am a gun manufacturer myself; not air guns, but spear guns. I would, and have never treated my customers like FX or AOA does. Then again, I was never in it for maximum profit.