• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

frustrated

frustrated at the lack of info,, i get from the local pd and wardens service... Im in Massachusetts ,,the north shore and am going crazy trying to find a small strip of land ...just to target shoot ..no hunting ;; paper metal and misc little targets to practice and plink only,,everyone tells me i need written permission which is not likely any thoughts or suggestions pat

0786b7ca25f14ebc39a01a3be96dace0.jpg
Don't worry you are not alone, I have a 60 yards back yard and yesterday my neighbor came saying that i have to find another place because he heard a pellet hitting his house,my wife was shooting 60 yards away from the target and I have big pices of wood to stop the pellets.. I don't believe that the ricochet hit his house it is like 30 from my pellet stop and the angle is 90•.. ahh i also live in MA

"Eddy1840"
Don't worry you are not alone, I have a 60 yards back yard and yesterday my neighbor came saying that i have to find another place because he heard a pellet hitting his house,my wife was shooting 60 yards away from the target and I have big pices of wood to stop the pellets.. I don't believe that the ricochet hit his house it is like 30 from my pellet stop and the angle is 90•.. ahh i also live in MA
If you are fully within the law for your area and you are honestly comfortable with your backstop setup and the safety of his property then tell him that you think he heard the of your pellet hitting your backstop echo off of his house and that you are fully within the law. Be polite, be firm.

There is always someone...

"oldspook"
"Eddy1840"
If you are fully within the law for your area and you are honestly comfortable with your backstop setup and the safety of his property then tell him that you think he heard the of your pellet hitting your backstop echo off of his house and that you are fully within the law. Be polite, be firm.

There is always someone...
I agree, if your within the law and you know your backstop is catching the pellet 100% just be polite and have him show you where this pellet supposedly hit his home, bet he can't, he just doesn't like it...we probably know where this is going with him as your neighbor..

Hynzie
Have you checked out wheretoshoot.org? You should be able to search by zip code if I'm not mistaken. Might be worth a look. Good luck!

Eddie1840
I guess another option would be to invite this neighbor over and ask him if he would like to shoot with you. Then he could see for himself that it wouldn't be possible for you to hit his place. Keep your friends close but your enemies closer. I don't know how much of an A-hole your neighbor is but might be worth a try. Good luck on that front as well!

Unfortunately the state thinks that land is important and keeps all shooters off it unless it's hunting season and you have a license to hunt those areas...Don't laugh but..saw it on the Warden show hahaha, guys were shooting in some kind of sandy area and the warden told them to PACK it up because it's protected area and no target or any shooting is allowed....And it was out in the middle of nowhere..

"Hynzie"frustrated at the lack of info,, i get from the local pd and wardens service... Im in Massachusetts ,,the north shore and am going crazy trying to find a small strip of land ...just to target shoot ..no hunting ;; paper metal and misc little targets to practice and plink only,,everyone tells me i need written permission which is not likely any thoughts or suggestions pat
http://wheretoshoot.org/Find_Range/wts_subresults_test.asp

I don't think you are allowed to shoot on state land unless you are hunting. The reason being there may be state people working out there clearing fire lanes and other stuff. Also if you can shoot airguns people will start shooting powder burners and it could get dangerous. Here on Long Island some/ a lot of the "State Land" is actually a cooperative. The land is privately owned but the state maintains it and allows people to hunt on it. Maybe it is the same in Mass.