• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Front rest recommendation’s

If you haven't purchased anything, would look more into the JoyPod bipod if not wanting a tactical type field version. Front rests are mainly for a nice solid platform and from/to vehicle affair due to size and weight.

My guns are more utilitarian use, do have an older Farley Coaxial front rest but the JoyPod's are more convenient and super lightweight/portable. Was rocking an Atlas for my F class rifle but might need to go with a JoyPod to save weight.

If you haven't purchased anything, would look more into the JoyPod bipod if not wanting a tactical type field version. Front rests are mainly for a nice solid platform and from/to vehicle affair due to size and weight.

My guns are more utilitarian use, do have an older Farley Coaxial front rest but the JoyPod's are more convenient and super lightweight/portable. Was rocking an Atlas for my F class rifle but might need to go with a JoyPod to save weight.
wow

front rest and bags with super slick cloth
Caution do not order heavy sand filler , not legal in some competitions and frankly just not needed .

Sorry for reviving an old thread....and for being off topic. But the OP posted an image of wind flags....so I'm hijacking.

@okieairgunner or anyone else, regarding setting up Ray Hill's Wicks flags to be level on rolling ground. I know the flag sits on a swivel gadget, and a bubble level sleeve comes with them to make sure the swivel/stand is level before placing the flag on top....but how do you accommodate setting up the stand to be level/plumb on rolling ground?

It looks like the Amazon basics lighting stand and the B&H LS-6B do not have adjustable length legs. Is there some adjustment in the swivel? Or do I need to use a camera tripod with adjustable length legs as a flag stand for my rolling ground situation?

Sorry. I realize the answer/s will probably be obvious, once I have the flags in front of me. I just placed my flag order. It will be at least a few weeks before they're ready.

Theses are all really nice(expensive) front rests.
The Shadetree looks really nice and the price is not bad either
The price on the Lenzi, Raptor and SEB goes up to nosebleed territory!
I saw one the SEB USA site that Sebastian's son Christopher is making rests. Christopher's rest is for Air rifles and Rimfires not exceeding 15lbs in weight
SEB USA is taking orders and it should be avalable by the end of June 2024.
i will give more of a review when i recieve mine

• Love
Reactions: Centercut
Sorry for reviving an old thread....and for being off topic. But the OP posted an image of wind flags....so I'm hijacking.

@okieairgunner or anyone else, regarding setting up Ray Hill's Wicks flags to be level on rolling ground. I know the flag sits on a swivel gadget, and a bubble level sleeve comes with them to make sure the swivel/stand is level before placing the flag on top....but how do you accommodate setting up the stand to be level/plumb on rolling ground?

It looks like the Amazon basics lighting stand and the B&H LS-6B do not have adjustable length legs. Is there some adjustment in the swivel? Or do I need to use a camera tripod with adjustable length legs as a flag stand for my rolling ground situation?

Sorry. I realize the answer/s will probably be obvious, once I have the flags in front of me. I just placed my flag order. It will be at least a few weeks before they're ready.
With the swivel heads, you don't worry about how level the stand is. That's what the swivel head is for.

Mike

Reactions: my87csx481