• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Front focus objective scopes

drsquall

Jul 22, 2022
OK
Hello,
I am going to rant here a bit. I'm new to hft and I'm a left handed shooter. I'm not new to side parallax wheels cause I ran them in prs matches BUT I absolutely hate them for field target. I don't like reaching over or holding the gun with my right hand to run the scope wheel with my left hand. As much as we use the scope wheels it's a pain in backside. I don't like for rifle or pistol. Is there any solid front AO scopes out there that goes down to 10yds. Also, I can't afford Kahles so that's out. Lol. I know UTG makes a 4-16 and 6-24 with a 9 mil dot reticle. How good are those at ranging? I know you will say just get used to it but I just can't.

Thanks
Jon

Im a lefty , but i do everything lefty Load ,focus , hold , any lever or knob is done with left hand .
lot of scopes offered with AO .
I shoot left handed but load gun with right hand. I'm left eye dominant and the only things I do truly lefthanded is write, shoot bows, shoot basketball, everything else I do right handed-golf, baseball, fishing. I can shoot right handed with pistol no problem but rifle is a little awkward. I shot compound bow right handed up till I was about 20 and switched to lefty cause of the eye dominance issue and helped tremendously with when I went to traditional bows. So I am weird I guess.

Jon

Thetes these 3 airmax scopes everyone brags about .. heres one to view

Reactions: drsquall
I shoot left handed but load gun with right hand. I'm left eye dominant and the only things I do truly lefthanded is write, shoot bows, shoot basketball, everything else I do right handed-golf, baseball, fishing. I can shoot right handed with pistol no problem but rifle is a little awkward. I shot compound bow right handed up till I was about 20 and switched to lefty cause of the eye dominance issue and helped tremendously with when I went to traditional bows. So I am weird I guess.

Jon
i am a solid left handed person but right eye dom ( just learned this a few weeks ago ). my right hand is just a grip to hold stuff , everything you mentioned i do lefty.
myTX200 lefty , i sit it at the top of my right leg , jack the lever with my right hand and hold down /insert the pellet lefty / back on the bench and shoot lefty . to load a righty TX200 i turn the rifle so im looking at the bottom of the stock and load the pellet lefty .

Jon
You're about swapped up as I am. Entirely right handed here, but if the word "shoot" is involved, I go lefty.

Reactions: drsquall
i am a solid left handed person but right eye dom ( just learned this a few weeks ago ). my right hand is just a grip to hold stuff , everything you mentioned i do lefty.
myTX200 lefty , i sit it at the top of my right leg , jack the lever with my right hand and hold down /insert the pellet lefty / back on the bench and shoot lefty . to load a righty TX200 i turn the rifle so im looking at the bottom of the stock and load the pellet lefty .
My tx200 is righty and just put a cs1000 on it. Right handed action but lefty stock. I cock the gun with my right hand, hold the lever back with my left hand, load it with my right and close it with my right. I got rid of that stupid bear trap so definitely have to make sure you cock it all the way and not let go.

Jon

Hello,
I am going to rant here a bit. I'm new to hft and I'm a left handed shooter. I'm not new to side parallax wheels cause I ran them in prs matches BUT I absolutely hate them for field target. I don't like reaching over or holding the gun with my right hand to run the scope wheel with my left hand. As much as we use the scope wheels it's a pain in backside. I don't like for rifle or pistol. Is there any solid front AO scopes out there that goes down to 10yds. Also, I can't afford Kahles so that's out. Lol. I know UTG makes a 4-16 and 6-24 with a 9 mil dot reticle. How good are those at ranging? I know you will say just get used to it but I just can't.

Thanks
Jon
Simmons Whitetail Classic 6.5-20x-50 good glass, better than UTG/Leapers ... I used the SWC for several years with good success.

Thetes these 3 airmax scopes everyone brags about .. heres one to view

Yeah that's a possible choice just was wanting at 16power. Ranging at 16 pretty rough from about 40 on I can't imagine how it would be at 12. For a FT pistol I think it would be great.

Jon

Yeah that's a possible choice just was wanting at 16power. Ranging at 16 pretty rough from about 40 on I can't imagine how it would be at 12. For a FT pistol I think it would be great.

Jon
think i remember FT pistol stops @ 40 yards ? maybe im wrong ? (just starting 2nd cup this AM )

think i remember FT pistol stops @ 40 yards ? maybe im wrong ? (just starting 2nd cup this AM )
An actual pistol match stops at 35yds. I will never shoot an actual pistol match unless I travel. So I'm shooting rifle matches with a pistol. That's why I want 16x and 20fpe, which I have now with 2 different pistols,177 and 20. I'm going to travel to Texas some so we will see. I'm hoping by showing up at the rifle matches will spark some interest. I shoot in 2 saturdays with the pistol at our monthly match. I still working on setup. Off stool and off bum bag. I think I get more solid off the bum bag with shooting sticks. Still practicing though. Either way a put the pistol grip on my front knee.

Thanks
Jon

Reactions: beerthief