• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

From pistol to carbine to rifle

Modified a Fortitude tube by drilling just two holes for the P-Rod breech. Was going to order a Boyd's Rimfire Hunter stock for the Disco, but the universe put the brakes on: my water pump went out on my 2001 Ford Ranger, so opted for the $18.40 Maximus stock from Crosman Parts Department.

1676981914594.png

With a 2500 psi fill, got a 16 shot (2 mags) string starting on 910 and ending on 860, so still have some tweaking, but she's nice & light for sure. Stuffed an old raggedy hand towel in the buttstock, no more hollow ring. Also have since swapped out the medium Hawke rings for a set of low rings, much better now - having BIG FUN!!!
EDIT: Forgot to mention, ordered a M-Rod trigger pack from Airgun Revisions, and it bolted up perfectly, and 5 minutes with a radiused file is all the alteration it took!

Last edited:
Modified a Fortitude tube by drilling just two holes for the P-Rod breech. Was going to order a Boyd's Rimfire Hunter stock for the Disco, but the universe put the brakes on: my water pump went out on my 2001 Ford Ranger, so opted for the $18.40 Maximus stock from Crosman Parts Department.

View attachment 334127
With a 2500 psi fill, got a 16 shot (2 mags) string starting on 910 and ending on 860, so still have some tweaking, but she's nice & light for sure. Stuffed an old raggedy hand towel in the buttstock, no more hollow ring. Also have since swapped out the medium Hawke rings for a set of low rings, much better now - having BIG FUN!!!

How is that AR trigger pack? Is it an upgrade from factory gen 1?
I was going order one, but their site was down. What and why did I you need to modify?

I too need a trigger pack for a project I'm working on. Apparently they are moving and upgrading the website, so it'll be down for a few weeks. The website went down as I was checking out, so that kinda sucked.

To address your question, the trigger pack is a Crosman Challenger trigger with their custom housing.

Crosman has them and or makes more every week or so. I will have one in the mailbox today.

I plan to adapt either the Prod or 1720 into an old 160 stock. My first attempt at stock butchering.

Thanks to Penny’s Dad and his mini-snipers!

If I can pull it off I will find a nicer stock to work with.

Mind sharing the part number you ordered and about how much it cost you? Did you order a Challenger pack or the Mrod Gen 1 pack? Did it come with the trigger guard?

Sorry for the barrage of questions!

You da man, thank you! The EVP says that's Phase 2, but says the start date of manufacture is in 2009, so I presume that's Gen 1.
Was it a hard air article I read on the difference on gen 1 and 2? The sear changed and the housing as in mounting holes?

No, no trigger guard. But I ordered one that is 3dprinted from another site.

But I made sure I had the oldest mrod parts book, and when I gave them the number he mentioned right away that is for gen 1.

I will find out t he is evening when I asses all of what I got into.

Last edited:
Reactions: UCChris
How is that AR trigger pack? Is it an upgrade from factory gen 1?
I was going order one, but their site was down. What and why did I you need to modify?
From what I understand, the lawyer spring has been removed and there is a new trigger guard. Only had to slightly modify the stock.

FWIW, mine also included the stock lug (yeah!) and the hideous oem trigger guard - uuugghh

Last edited:
Reactions: UCChris
I saw something about a credit card shim, but that may have bee when installing on a disco?

I will find out more tonight when I attach it to my 1720 and figure what needs to be done to fit it into the 160 stock I plan to use.

I think you're correct about the Disco. According to the Airgun Revisions guy, a Gen1/2009CH trigger pack will bolt straight up to a 1720T/Prod