From my cousin…experience with Pyramid Air and his Air Venturi HPA Compressor

Today I spoke with my cousin living in California how he was liking his new Air Venturi HPA Compressor 4500. Well, he is now on his 3rd one (in 3 weeks) and awaiting its arrival from Air Venturi.

My cousin doesn’t live in an area that has a convenient air supplier, so he got decided to get a compressor and do it right. So about 5 weeks ago he ordered the Air Venturi compressor from Pyramid Air. The first one came damaged because FedEx not doing their job. Second comes and it started blowing its burst disks at 2000 psi. Pyramid Air sent a couple more and the burst discs continued to fail. So another call to PA, then it went to crickets chirping from PA.

My cousin sent an email to Air Venturi and the same day he got a response. According to AV there is a design flaw in the compressor’s burst disk (quoting my cousin), or so it seems, thus why the burst disk is failing at such a low pressure (relatively speaking). 

Lastly, my cousin said Air Venturi stepped up and is sending him a compressor directly, and accepting the “flawed” one back. He is not impressed with Pyramid Air though and how they ignored his request for technical assistance.

@airshot I do know that cousin said PA did not respond at ALL. I am sure he would have accepted “we are waiting to hear back from the mfgr”. He didn’t accept no response for a week. The compressor is $1500, so not cheap.

All this is factual because the person it happened to told me, so not third person thus hearsay. It is hearsay if someone told someone and told me, I got it from the source from my dad’s nephew, so I have known the guy for a while, a life time. Thus this all means I am not jumping to conclusions.

Like I said AV stepped up to make things right, PA still hasn’t responded as of this afternoon, August 13, 2021 at 10:55 am CST.

i've had one of those for a few years now (love it)

i did have an issue with the output tower having a leak. when i called PA, they sent me straight to the Air Venturi support team, and they sent a replacement part (working ever since) the next day. I was impressed with the AV guys specifically, they knew the unit, provided replacement quickly at no cost. That sucks they got a defective streak or batch in the burst disks.

I would not be too hard on Pyramyd Air as they are taking care of their customer. Air Venturi and Pyramyd are sister companies if you look on the we and search you will see they have the same address. Owned by the same people. Pyramyd is the retail online sales and AV is the import and wholesale side. So he is being taken care of and that is a good thing although I understand his frustration. The first time was Fed Ex’s issue and hopefully he gets his new one to replace the second which hopefully works good for him. The guys I shoot with on weekends have one for a couple of year and had a reed valve break and a shaft break. Easy fix and they (AV) got the parts out quickly. Ours has been used every weekend filling guns. Been happy with it. Best of luck to your cousin. 

Air Venturi
5135 Naiman Parkway Solon, OH 44139

5135 Naiman Pkwy, Solon, OH 44139 Pyramyd Air, Address