Fresh from FedEx.. Unboxing my new .25 Sumatra

I'll chalk it up to the rifle still needs to be broken in. If it continues, I can always have it exchanged since I bought it from PA.

@blackdiesel @Nomadic Pirate @NeilClague

Do you guys have any advice or tips I should be aware of with regards to the Sumatra? I was wondering if the trigger can be adjusted for one. Secondly, does the rifle need to be completely degassed to clean the barrel?

Thanks,
Scott

I never degass just to clean the barrel. There is a way to adjust the trigger but I just left mines alone. Call Boris at PA and he can explain how to do it. The biggest thing is to find the right power setting for a particular pellet. For me the Kings performed best in the low 900s but the Benjamin domes seem to be better even at 950 fps. I have some Barracudas but I don't remember where I had them set for. I do recall they were close to both the Kings and Benjamin Domes in performance though. 

"travels4fun"I'll chalk it up to the rifle still needs to be broken in. If it continues, I can always have it exchanged since I bought it from PA.

@blackdiesel @Nomadic Pirate @NeilClague

Do you guys have any advice or tips I should be aware of with regards to the Sumatra? I was wondering if the trigger can be adjusted for one. Secondly, does the rifle need to be completely degassed to clean the barrel?

Thanks,
Scott

If you haven't cleaned the barrel yet I'm not surprising those pellets are flying wonky :) :) ...No need to degas Just run clean the barrel like any other rifle I really like MAC1 pull through tool.

When you open the lever you see a Hex screw, I use to adjust that one a bit for the trigger.

"Nomadic Pirate"
If you haven't cleaned the barrel yet I'm not surprising those pellets are flying wonky :) :) ...No need to degas Just run clean the barrel like any other rifle I really like MAC1 pull through tool.

When you open the lever you see a Hex screw, I use to adjust that one a bit for the trigger.

Nomadic Pirate

Thanks. Actually the first thing I did was to clean the barrel before taking her out to shoot. The barrel wasn't too dirty to be honest. I'll have a go at the hex screw to see if I can make the trigger a tad lighter.

Scott

"blackdiesel"I never degass just to clean the barrel. There is a way to adjust the trigger but I just left mines alone. Call Boris at PA and he can explain how to do it. The biggest thing is to find the right power setting for a particular pellet. For me the Kings performed best in the low 900s but the Benjamin domes seem to be better even at 950 fps. I have some Barracudas but I don't remember where I had them set for. I do recall they were close to both the Kings and Benjamin Domes in performance though.
Thanks. I am still trying to get a handle on how the power adjustment works. It would be a whole lot easier if I had a chronograph but I don't anymore.

Scott I think that if the Sumatra only had one air tube and the fore grip was smaller it would actually be a very good looking gun, but the 2nd air tube really helps with the shot count, without it, I think it would be a real air hog. I think it is an acquired taste, I used to think they were odd looking guns, but now I have one the looks have grown on me. It is for sure a great gun for the price though, I may actually buy a 25 caliber one myself, it will be the only 25 caliber air gun I will have, but having got the bug from the 22 caliber one I want one of the 25 caliber versions. I have to feed my pellets in skirt first, otherwise the mag catches and damages the pellets. Once Lee told me about feeding them skirt first it has been a breeze to load it, Neil.

"NeilClague"Scott I think that if the Sumatra only had one air tube and the fore grip was smaller it would actually be a very good looking gun, but the 2nd air tube really helps with the shot count, without it, I think it would be a real air hog. I think it is an acquired taste, I used to think they were odd looking guns, but now I have one the looks have grown on me. It is for sure a great gun for the price though, I may actually buy a 25 caliber one myself, it will be the only 25 caliber air gun I will have, but having got the bug from the 22 caliber one I want one of the 25 caliber versions. I have to feed my pellets in skirt first, otherwise the mag catches and damages the pellets. Once Lee told me about feeding them skirt first it has been a breeze to load it, Neil.
Thanks Neil. I'll try loading all of the pellets skirt first from now on.