• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

freeETarget

Has anyone built the freeETarget (Open Source Electronic Target)?
It appears to be sold as a kit or you can purchase individual parts.
I would like something for my basement 10m indoor pistol range.
I'm not sure about what you're trying to accomplish, but I set up a 10 meter indoor pistol range in the early eighties. I had a camera for the targets that was on a thirty foot ambilical cord to the Sony Betamax. Lol. The Betamax had a small TV for the shooter. I also had lighting that shined on the targets on a three way toggle switch, for targets, off, and target backlight, that would light the shots up really nice.
So, the bottom line is I'm "cheap", but creative. Lol
I'm not shooting indoors any more, but when I want to monitor my shots I use my phone camera from the shooting position zoomed onthe target. That seems like it would work well for ten meters.
Please pardon me if I'm not understanding your planned layout.
Screenshot_20230503_130103_Gallery.jpg

J,

I looked at that free eTarget, and may still try it sometime but I just ended up buying an indoor camera and setting it up so it views the target. I added a small light as well since I'm shooting without a scope in the 10m. If you use the app for the specific camera, you can zoom in on the bull you are shooting. There is a slight delay for the live feed to reach the iPhone, so I can set up, shoot, then as I'm resting the rifle I look at the phone screen and the shoot pops up like I just pulled the trigger. It's kind of cool!

The pics below are when I first set it up:

(BTW, I bought a cheap, lower res camera to start, it was crap, slow, grainy, ..., so just get the 5MP to start with).

Like this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z841XYD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

1683469565845.jpeg

1683469626405.jpeg

1683468917930.jpeg

1683468968795.jpeg

1683469180552.jpeg

1683469206891.jpeg

Last edited: