• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Arms FPS WITH YOUR TX200 MKIII

This past Spring I installed Vortek PG4 SHO kit in my TX200 .22 cal. It's shooting great on the range, from a bag at both 25 and 50 yards, as well as for general plinking. My question is, finally, when you chronograph your TX200, what sort of FPS are you getting? I chronographed my rifle most recently in the 645 fps range using JSB 15.86 and AA 16 grain pellets. In the past I thought I'd remembered shooting closer to the 750 fps range. Maybe I remember wrong, after all, I'm older than . . . well, I forgot that too. Anyhow, share what your TX200 MKIII in .22 cal is doing. Thanks, Orv.

Last edited:
This past Spring I installed Vortek PG4 SHO kit in my TX200 .22 cal. It's shooting great on the range, from a bag at both 25 and 50 yards, as well as for general plinking. My question is, finally, when you chronograph your TX200, what sort of FPS are you getting? I chronographed my rifle most recently in the 645 fps range using JSB 15.86 and AA 16 grain pellets. In the past I thought I'd remembered shooting closer to the 750 fps range. Maybe I remember wrong, after all, I'm older than . . . well, I forgot that too. Anyhow, share what your TX200 MKIII in .22 cal is doing. Thanks, Orv.
I don't own a 0.22 TX (all of mine are in 0.177 calibers)...but from what I've heard and seen posted, in general they shoot around a maximum of 15-16 FPE. I've never seen (or heard of) a stock TX shooting 19.8 FPE.

I checked Airgundepot data and they are reporting 572 fps with a JSB 18.31 grain pellet. That puts the power around 13.31 FPE.

This one should provide the most clarity. Airgunweb review quoted a pellet weight of 18.13 grain at an average speed of 584 fps (10 shots). That works out to 13.73 FPE. Chrono data posted around 7:42 of the video.

I too am slowly losing my memory and neurons. So I started keeping a gun log about 4-5 years ago for all my air rifles. Changing of breech seals, springs, chronograph data, addition of power washer, cleaning of the barrel etc. The gun log greatly facilitated diagnosis, determination of maintenance schedule, and tracking of upgrades/changes made (Vortek seals vs Maccari seals etc)

In God we trust, all others must bring data.” - W. E. Deming

Last edited:
My TX200 HC .22 with a Vortek PG4 HO is shooting 11.75 GTOs at 820fps. It shoots the H&N 14.66s at 660fps.
Both are very accurate out to 40yrd….haven’t shot past that.
The GTOs have a slight edge in the accuracy department.
Also, the GTOs have very little fps spread. 5-6fps in a 20 shot string. Super consistent.

Last edited:
Reactions: MartyMcFly
I thank each of you for your responses. What's happening in each of our airgun experiences helps me/us to be better at shooting. I may intrinsically understand shooting into the wind, while you might be able to shoot at an elevation better than most. What I'm trying to say, with way too many words, is that through communicating on boards like this makes all of us better shooters. When I shoot with you guys, I'm a better airgun shooter for it. Thanks, Orv.

Reactions: MartyMcFly
My TX200 22 cal was brand new at the beginning of this month. I was shooting Crosman Premier Ulta Magnum 14.3 gr. As the gun breaks in I'm not sure what will happen to these numbers but right now they seem to be very consistent. This springer is about as accurate as it can get. Beautiful gun! :>)

TX200 GraphB.jpg

TX200 GraphA.jpg

May not be your case but I have found when a Vortek spring dies it is all the sudden. I really like the Vortek spring kit but would always buy an extra spring or two when I bought the kit. Maybe things have changed.
I wonder if Vortek has their springs shot peened to improve fatigue resistance.

-Marty