Fox Squirrel this weekend

I got skunked deer hunting this year. OK, I barely went out, but still, didn't see any deer. When I was out in the back woods, my first time hunting here on the family farm, I did see a few fox squirrels however. Those things are pretty good sized compared to grays

Hoping to get out there with the Taipan this weekend, and see if I can bag a few for the stew pot. I'll report back if I do!

Last edited:
Reactions: woogie_man
Fox Squirrels are suppose to be coming to CA, never seen one, I'm going to assume they're red?
Their belly is reddish and their overall hue is a reddish grey.

1702750371672.png

Fox Squirrels are suppose to be coming to CA, never seen one, I'm going to assume they're red?
The little boogers are already here, and they're displacing our western grays. Even though they are a bit smaller they are more aggressive and they tend to fare better in more populated areas. I've whacked 4 in the last couple months.

The little boogers are already here, and they're displacing our western grays. Even though they are a bit smaller they are more aggressive and they tend to fare better in more populated areas. I've whacked 4 in the last couple months.
You aren't far from me, haven't seen them....yet, not that we can make much of dent in them or their population.

Reactions: TheWhiteBreath