• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fox killed my chickens las night

Hope he’s not missed the fox and hit something else🤦‍♂️
If he doesn't have a permit/license for an FAC air rifle, with my understanding of British gun laws, he is legally stuck shooting an air rifle producing 12 fpe or less. I wouldn't want to be the guy tasked with killing a fox with a 12 fpe air rifle.

Reactions: Struckat
If he doesn't have a permit/license for an FAC air rifle, with my understanding of British gun laws, he is legally stuck shooting an air rifle producing 12 fpe or less. I wouldn't want to be the guy tasked with killing a fox with a 12 fpe air rifle.
There is other ways to get skin
A Fox 😉but your right don’t fancy his chances with a 12 fp rifle hope he’s ok though👍

I had a friend with a similar situation, was sure it was a weasel, turned out it was a hawk. If there were walls on the coop but no roof I’d bet it was a hawk. Just because something took the bodies the next night doesn’t mean anything, plenty of scavengers around. Who cares what ate them once already dead, what matters is what did the killing.

At any rate, you will never be rid of the predators so I would think the bigger priority is shoring up the coop to protect the new hens.

Reactions: Ezana4CE
I had a friend with a similar situation, was sure it was a weasel, turned out it was a hawk. If there were walls on the coop but no roof I’d bet it was a hawk. Just because something took the bodies the next night doesn’t mean anything, plenty of scavengers around. Who cares what ate them once already dead, what matters is what did the killing.

At any rate, you will never be rid of the predators so I would think the bigger priority is shoring up the coop to protect the new hens.
@Magendi I definitely agree with shoring up the coop. I am curious as to what type of hawk eats chicken heads. In my area they will take the entire bird.

Last edited:
Now I have to be a little bit careful here as I’m in the UK and in an urban situation. Has anyone any tips to baiting a fox onto their land? I know where they are denning, but it is not on my property. I want them dead and staked on an anthill. Those chickens were pets and friends as well as laying like belt fed mortars. My autistic son is distraught. The horrible little vermin only ate their heads.
I would speculate that a member of the weasel family was responsible.