• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fox kill shot at 142 meters ( 155 yards) !

Today I experienced something that most people never will...
In an abandoned warehouse where otherwise I train with my Edgun Matador 3RM in 25 cal, threw I set the target at a distance of 65-142 meters.
I use empty cans of JSB pellets (Ted's a great idea-http: //www.youtube.com/watch? V = Q_ZNjBUmKq4) 
After 20 minutes of firing, I saw two young foxes to go towards my targets.First they climbed onto pallets, one came down while the other remained on them.
Pallets were 93 meters (100 yards) from me. I place shot in the head and hit!
I could not believe of excitement!!
I waited a few minutes to come the other, I noticed her on the last target at 142 meters. She was facing right toward me and at one point she bent her head and began to sniff the target. I took the opportunity and pulled the trigger... She fell immediately, but just in case I placed another hit in the neck. All I photographed, I'm just sorry I did not have scopecam, but I think it's worked out great. The first fox I could not take pictures because he plunged into the high grass, but the rest of the traces of blood can be seen in the pictures....
25 cal caliber is awesome, and today I was certain that they did not need a hunting pellets as Predator Polymag, Baracuda Hunter etc. to kill the fox.
Indeed with them I could not be quite accurate at that distance, that is why I will always use JSB King.
Enjoy :)

They are one of my favorites. I have two that come to my house each evening for supper. I feed them dog food. They actually eat the black oil sunflowers and cracked corn I put out for the birds also. If I have table scraps they get and extra treat, but they have to get there early or the raccoons will beat them to it. I also have a couple of opossums and at minimal eight deer that show up. I don't have any dogs, but I feed every other critter. However, foxes are known for killing chickens and stealing eggs so some people shoot them. All of my critters are getting more domestic. They will watch me working in my shop with power tools waiting for me to put food out now. Sometimes you get attached to critters from developing that relationship and seeing their personalities, but they all have a season, so you have to be careful not to get too soft. I had two big bucks get shot last year. A 140 class 11 point and a 125, 9 point. They would eat and bed in my yard (20 acres) and you could see them scratching their backs with their massive racks. I only shoot gray squirrels and coyotes in my yard, but I have neighbors that think gray squirrels are precious. I do, however, go to my hunting club 2000acres and shoot what I wish, so I don't complain when one of my yard critters stops showing up. I hope you don't mind me elaborating my opinion and somewhat hijacking, but it seemed to fit to me. I'll make another post with some yard pics and hunting pics.

"plinker"They are one of my favorites. I have two that come to my house each evening for supper. I feed them dog food. They actually eat the black oil sunflowers and cracked corn I put out for the birds also. If I have table scraps they get and extra treat, but they have to get there early or the raccoons will beat them to it. I also have a couple of opossums and at minimal eight deer that show up. I don't have any dogs, but I feed every other critter. However, foxes are known for killing chickens and stealing eggs so some people shoot them. All of my critters are getting more domestic. They will watch me working in my shop with power tools waiting for me to put food out now. Sometimes you get attached to critters from developing that relationship and seeing their personalities, but they all have a season, so you have to be careful not to get too soft. I had two big bucks get shot last year. A 140 class 11 point and a 125, 9 point. They would eat and bed in my yard (20 acres) and you could see them scratching their backs with their massive racks. I only shoot gray squirrels and coyotes in my yard, but I have neighbors that think gray squirrels are precious. I do, however, go to my hunting club 2000acres and shoot what I wish, so I don't complain when one of my yard critters stops showing up. I hope you don't mind me elaborating my opinion and somewhat hijacking, but it seemed to fit to me. I'll make another post with some yard pics and hunting pics.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and so do you.
In my country squirrels are law protected species...

Ohhh praise be unto the Matador...a true instrument of death for long range airgunning. Similar experience with my .25...prairie dogs suffered at similar ranges once I had the windage holdoff figured out. Scope cam shots at these ranges are difficult as I have a tough time seeing my target in the camera display but some folks have got this figured out.

"huntjunky"Ohhh praise be unto the Matador...a true instrument of death for long range airgunning. Similar experience with my .25...prairie dogs suffered at similar ranges once I had the windage holdoff figured out. Scope cam shots at these ranges are difficult as I have a tough time seeing my target in the camera display but some folks have got this figured out.

Yes Matador is very accurate rifle,for me one of the best PCP rifles on the market.

"reeleone"Today I experienced something that most people never will...
In an abandoned warehouse where otherwise I train with my Edgun Matador 3RM in 25 cal, threw I set the target at a distance of 65-142 meters.
I use empty cans of JSB pellets (Ted's a great idea-http: //www.youtube.com/watch? V = Q_ZNjBUmKq4) 
After 20 minutes of firing, I saw two young foxes to go towards my targets.First they climbed onto pallets, one came down while the other remained on them.
I waited a few minutes to come the other, I noticed her on the last target at 142 meters. She was facing right toward me and at one point she bent her head and began to sniff the target. I took the opportunity and pulled the trigger... She fell immediately, but just in case I placed another hit in the neck. All I photographed, I'm just sorry I did not have scopecam, but I think it's worked out great. The first fox I could not take pictures because he plunged into the high grass, but the rest of the traces of blood can be seen in the pictures....
25 cal caliber is awesome, and today I was certain that they did not need a hunting pellets as Predator Polymag, Baracuda Hunter etc. to kill the fox.
Indeed with them I could not be quite accurate at that distance, that is why I will always use JSB King.

In my oppinion shooting at so long distance increases dramatically the posibility of just injure the fox..... Don't think it worths it..... fortuatelly you hit them perfectly!

"emuu"
"reeleone"Today I experienced something that most people never will...

In my oppinion shooting at so long distance increases dramatically the posibility of just injure the fox..... Don't think it worths it..... fortuatelly you hit them perfectly!

Yes, I agree with you generaly.
But when you very good know your weapon and his possibilities,mistakes are minimal.