• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Found marauder leak.. what is it lol

So i got tired of having to constantly top up my marauder air supply...

It turns out my marauder pistol gauge is leaking from the little hole on the back. Easy right? 

But wait theres more.

I submerged the pistol in the bathtub on a full charge to be sure i found them all... and i found 1 other smallish leak. On the airtube underside, just behind the gauge before you get to the trigger is a hole that i can see something red inside when the reservoir is removed from the gun, but ive never disassembled that part. My air is steadily leaking from there...

What is this part and how do we fix it? 

Thanks!

Jonah is correct. Have had the same issue, discovered in the same manner. The red you are seeing is the valve head, the groove for the screw that attaches the trigger group.

Crosman is now using the valve head,sealing end, from the Maximus valve, so that's why you are seeing red. De-gass, disassemble, and replace the o-ring on the valve. Make sure to use the correct screw to re-attach the trigger group. Have come across a leak caused by too long of a screw putting upward pressure on the valve and not letting the o-ring seal completely.

hope this helps,

Vines

Thanks guys, i think it is the orings sealing either the gauge bracket or around the valve right behind it. Both look a little ratty.

Its a fairly slow leak but its definitely there and really shows up after a few days of sitting.

I saw mention of deburring the machined cuts in the air tube... wonder if thats how the rings got marred? 

Any tips for preventing that other than smoothing?

Jonah is correct. Have had the same issue, discovered in the same manner. The red you are seeing is the valve head, the groove for the screw that attaches the trigger group.

Crosman is now using the valve head,sealing end, from the Maximus valve, so that's why you are seeing red. De-gass, disassemble, and replace the o-ring on the valve. Make sure to use the correct screw to re-attach the trigger group. Have come across a leak caused by too long of a screw putting upward pressure on the valve and not letting the o-ring seal completely.

hope this helps,

Vines

Do consider SteveV's suggestion (factory screws or other) and easy to verify.

John