• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch Found a friend for my HW35L

Beautiful HW 50 (chalk the SS No. up to "interesting patina," LOL)! ARH called the HW 50 with the Bayern beech stock the "HW 50E."

The old HW 50 and HW 35 have the same length receiver tube, stock screw spacing, and trigger box location. Only the diameter of the tube differs (35's is 5 mm larger in diameter). This allowed the two to share stocks of the same rough external design, only differing in inletting details. Here is a 35L and 50E stock side by side - you can see the fore arm widths are identical, but the 35 has less wood next to the receiver.

View attachment 412528
The HW99/50 and the 55 are the same as the old 50 as well
HW99/50 and R8 shown. A 55 stock will fit them
IMG_0284.jpg

Yeah, I was pretty tickled the day that 35E rolled in...seen here with an even older milled steel HW "turret" rear sight from the 1950's. It's currently near the top of my "guns I lay in the living room to ogle when SWMBO is out" list, ha.

IMG_2069.jpeg

Here's the old ARH catalog cuts for those HW sights. Just basic Williams FP-series variants, with a brand-specific fixed dovetail size,and a securing screw on top (you need a piece of hefty brass shim stock under the screw to avoid marking the blueing). As you can see, made for several brands of guns, in both sporting and target versions (the latter having a bigger range of vertical adjustment, and finger knobs).

IMG_2155.jpeg

IMG_2154.jpeg

Last edited: