Airforce Fouling shots

I was just wondering how many fouling rounds do you need to shoot to get your gun back in to zero or good for testing

And how many rounds do you clean between the next cleaning

KIMG1989.JPG

Sorry, there's really no universal answer to that question. Some barrels are back on track in under 5 shots. Some need a couple dozen.

Applying wax to the bore can help reduce or eliminate the settling period.

Regarding when to clean, that's also highly variable. A rough bore, a tight choke, shooting slugs (vs. pellets), and high velocities are some of the key factors that require more frequent cleaning. The usual guidance is to clean when you notice accuracy is degrading.

Factory Lother Wather Texan barrels very greatly.. Before I hand lead lapped my .510 Texan barrel..You needed to clean every 3-5 rounds for any kind of accuracy... It was horrible... Know that its smooth and uniform it doesn't really lead anymore after aggressively hand lapping.... So I can go 40-100 rounds and accuracy doesn't suffer... Airgun s need perfect smooth u inform barrels....Rough barrels do t work with soft cast lead...

Reactions: Bowhunter73
Factory Lother Wather Texan barrels very greatly.. Before I hand lead lapped my .510 Texan barrel..You needed to clean every 3-5 rounds for any kind of accuracy... It was horrible... Know that its smooth and uniform it doesn't really lead anymore after aggressively hand lapping.... So I can go 40-100 rounds and accuracy doesn't suffer... Airgun s need perfect smooth u inform barrels....Rough barrels do t work with soft cast lead...
I feel that I have lap/fired broken the barrel very well as my gun shoots good but I have to shoot a handful of slugs before it starts grouping better again

I feel that I have lap/fired broken the barrel very well as my gun shoots good but I have to shoot a handful of slugs before it starts grouping better again
I use powder coating and lube...After cleaning first shots off.Then it settles down.. Maybe trying going up a l in slug bore size..My barrel is 5.105 after lapping was .510.. So a lil more bore diameter... Your barrel has to lead to tighten up......Maybe🤔