• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Foster to SCBA?

I found a good deal on a Scott SCBA and I have a question. My Alkin has a female foster on the fill line. I found what I think is the adapter I would need to fill an SCBA tank, but I wanted to post a photo here and confirm that this is the correct adapter I would need. Thanks.

s-l1600.jpg

I broke down and ended up making my own adapter. 😊 Couldn't find anything to connect my Din 300 to SCBA. Actually, I did... I'm just to cheap to pay someone for something that is clearly over priced just because it says SCBA on it. Like buying something for a boat... 😁
C360 Brass, Hex C360, Hex Stainless, Black Delrin. Took about 45 mins to make as I was designing it as I went down that rabbit hole. 😂
111042.jpeg

I’ve been putting together some scba fill sets lately. Unless you go no name chinesium on ebay or amazon the stuff is not cheap.

Parts alone from reputable companies with shipping cost me in the $140 ballpark all in, per fill set. These are with gauge and hand tight scba adapters.

As for 60 minute tanks, I picked up 2 off of facebook marketplace — DOM 9/2015 Paid $280 to my door for the pair. I thought I did pretty well for tanks with 7 legal years left on them. They actually never been hydro tested other than when new. They even have glow in the dark labels...

8D938C9D-BE34-456C-BC15-1E3068DE219A.jpeg

Reactions: GA_LeadHead
Well, I'm excited to say that my ebay gamble on a "new in box" 1/22 60min Scott tank was legit. Just replaced the valve with one of Joe's and all in I'm still under what I would have paid for a new 98cf tank from Joe, Omega, etc.. So I guess leprechauns do exist if you dig deep enough on Ebay.
Filling her up now.
Edit: As a side note, the Alkin filled this 60 min tank from 0 to 310 bar ~26 minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: K9Air
Well, I'm excited to say that my ebay gamble on a "new in box" 1/22 60min Scott tank was legit. Just replaced the valve with one of Joe's and all in I'm still under what I would have paid for a new 98cf tank from Joe, Omega, etc.. So I guess leprechauns do exist if you dig deep enough on Ebay.
Filling her up now.
Edit: As a side note, the Alkin filled this 60 min tank from 0 to 310 bar ~26 minutes.
Curious why you felt the need to change the valve?
Those scott valves are extremely controllable and, in my opinion, very nice.

Curious why you felt the need to change the valve?
Those scott valves are extremely controllable and, in my opinion, very nice.
My alkin has the female foster fill line. By the time I priced (decent) adapters to fill the tank and then my rifles, I just went ahead and bought a valve. I really like the slow flow, dual gauge valves that Joe has. Just easier for me.
Like I said above, even after buying the valve, the price I got on this new scott was so good that I'm still way cheaper than buying another ready to go tank of this size. I really got lucky on this one.

My alkin has the female foster fill line. By the time I priced (decent) adapters to fill the tank and then my rifles, I just went ahead and bought a valve. I really like the slow flow, dual gauge valves that Joe has. Just easier for me.
Like I said above, even after buying the valve, the price I got on this new scott was so good that I'm still way cheaper than buying another ready to go tank of this size. I really got lucky on this one.
you are certainly right about quality made cga347 adapters being pricey.

Was just curios, thats all. There really is no right or wrong, just what works for you.

Reactions: GA_LeadHead