• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Foster fittings for FX Impact air fills

As I believe Tominco pointed out, a standard Foster quick disconnect fitting will fit into the hole where the Impact's male fitting is located, but extraction is complicated because there isn't enough edge of a Foster fitting showing to grab with your fingertips. If you do want to use a standard Foster fitting, I've found a perfect tool for fitting extraction without scratching the bottom of your rifle. A Bionic Wrench

will slip over the hose and fitting and grab the small exposed edge of the Foster release with ease. $20 at Lowes.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_527-59563-BW8-01R-01_0__?productId=999926694&store_code=1907&cm_mmc=SCE_PLA-_-ToolsAndHardware-_-PliersAndWrenches-_-999926694:LoggerHead_Tools&CAWELAID=&kpid=999926694&CAWELAID=320011480006431864&k_clickID=00061fc8-e978-ff88-c311-000047a153a3

I believe the fitting in the picture above comes with the Impact from FX. It works with the Impact because the spring in the release part is not as strong as the regular foster fitting. Not any longer than a standard fitting but a lot easier to pull down. Maybe AOA can get them stocked as they work easier for any Foster fitting. Have fun, Scott

"sgrayner"As I believe Tominco pointed out, a standard Foster quick disconnect fitting will fit into the hole where the Impact's male fitting is located, but extraction is complicated because there isn't enough edge of a Foster fitting showing to grab with your fingertips. 

Yup, that was me! :) 
I think MOST Foster fittings will fit inside the opening. But, I could not get the one that was 16.30mm to fit inside the hole and engage. If someone were to file down the knurling then it would have possibly been made to fit. 
I really like your "work around" tool for those who don't want to change to an FX fitting. I guess you've just got to make sure to put the tool around the hose before you attach to the rifle. LOL! 
Personally, I think it is worth the switch to the FX fitting. I find them to be the easiest to use of all the ones I've tried. And, I'm not just referring to using them with the Impact. The rings really grip your fingers and assist with the manipulation of the collar. (Just my 2¢) 
Thanks for sharing, and happy shooting!
Tom

"SDellinger"I believe the fitting in the picture above comes with the Impact from FX. It works with the Impact because the spring in the release part is not as strong as the regular foster fitting. Not any longer than a standard fitting but a lot easier to pull down. Maybe AOA can get them stocked as they work easier for any Foster fitting. Have fun, Scott
I hadn't noticed if the spring resistance is any less. It's an interesting theory and I'll have to look into that when I get back home from work...

If anyone is struggling with the removal of their fitting, try lightly pushing up before pulling the collar down. I find it helps quite a bit.