• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Other Foster fittings and a newbie

Hey friends I'm new to this hobby. Last air rifle I had was 40 yrs ago then I bought 15 guns from single break to pcp. .177 cal to 50cal also an omega compressor and carbon tank.
My question is the foster connections on the compressor and the one on the tank are 2 different sizes. I see there are two sizes female can be 7.87 mm (.3098 in) to 8.04 mm (.3168 in). The dead head plug that fits in the compressor hose is too big for the tank hose. Is there an adapter like a male to male that will allow me to connect the two hoses? Also all my guns will take the male foster except the Coyote rifle I have .. it will not fit. Please help so I can get this right. Cheers joe

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Hey friends I'm new to this hobby. Last air rifle I had was 40 yrs ago then I bought 15 guns from single break to pcp. .177 cal to 50cal also an omega compressor and carbon tank.
My question is the foster connections on the compressor and the one on the tank are 2 different sizes. I see there are two sizes female can be 7.87 mm (.3098 in) to 8.04 mm (.3168 in). The dead head plug that fits in the compressor hose is too big for the tank hose. Is there an adapter like a male to male that will allow me to connect the two hoses? Also all my guns will take the male foster except the Coyote rifle I have .. it will not fit. Please help so I can get this right. Cheers joe
Hello @Gottaknowjoehobbies

This is the set up "adapter" that I made. The female fitting from the compressor is the "smaller" size. I purchased a female fitting that works with all of the "larger" size male fittings ( see photo ) and simply installed a male foster that fits in my compressor hose. Hope this will help.

ThomasT
Foster-1a.jpg
Foster-2a.jpg

Reactions: WorriedMan
Welcome to the forum Joe, nice to have you aboard. No secret quick-disconnect fittings are a mix of sizes, we learn to live with it. Due to limited budget hobby dollars, I shop eBay for Chinese-made products, including a compressor, and their quick-disconnects fit well. Here's the fitting you asked about, also from eBay. WM
IMG_20230203_231050.jpg