Forum question? Help Please.

Yes this is the best for old people to navigate. If ya make a few mistakes the owner doesn't get his panty's all up in a not"That Gate thing is to much to navigate.Here ya just click on the forum at the top and your off"You can up load picture's pretty easy here to"no Gate werdo stuff"
There are a few over at the "GTA" that seem to have appointed themselves as the "Gate Police". Heaven help you if you post in the wrong place! But all in all, there are good folks there. I have found GTA to be more helpful with the lower end airguns where here there are a lot more folks with experience using the higher end airguns. They both have worked well for me, just gotta let the quirkiness roll right off...

As one who is on BOTH forums .... In recent years finding myself more often here on AGN than GTA.
Sadly the content ( Current in recent years on the GTA ) is just a shadow of the sites former self :( Having ownership of the site being sold now 2 times in the last 4 years with much library content being culled by each owner :mad::mad:

History would have the GTA being more the think tank and forum for those being hands on inside as well outside the air guns they shoot.
Lot more full spectrum brand & type conversations.
AGN is more a Users / Shooters forum IMO driven more by current trends and manufacturers content. Still a lot of content and conversation ... just different.

AND...there's a slightly different gun of choice (adding up the totals) on the AGN vs. the GTA site.

While I stop by the Gateway To Airguns site every now and again, I check in here much more frequently.
Also, I stop by a few locations on the Airgun Nation, whereas I only check the PCP and the classified section on the GAteway To Airguns site. Two locations is plenty !!

Mike

Won't rehash. Two different forums. GTA used to be a great resource for mostly springer knowledge but had early contributors that lead the pcp revolution. The lack of ability to access previous content has "gutted" the significance of that site and I would say the same about the Old Yellow aka Airgun Warriors forum. Once upon a time the Old Yellow was vibrant with a wealth of contributors across all types of airguns. It died or more accurately is dying.

The fracture across all forums is palpable. Shame.

Find myself visiting AGN more than most since the pcp section is cutting edge. Among others, motorhead, has contributions that I follow closely. For an old airgunner like me it's fascinating to follow the "latest and greatest" and this has furthered me on this airgun path. Never thought I would dive in so deep.

GTA was once a truly great place to enjoy the sport... but it became cliquish AND over-run with rules... and DON'T YOU DARE disagree with a MOD at GTA. Here you can disagree with a MOD. You won't win the argument but you won't feel like a POS when he is done with you. It is also worth mentioning that you CAN disagree with one of the "in-crowd" here and you won't find yourself on the outs with forum management. I don't know how it is over there now but GTA was pretty bad about that for a long time.

It is good to hear that management has again changed over there. It could not have hurt. It might be a whole new world at GTA now. Perhaps I should frequent more than once a quarter. Pretty sure it only SOLD once. It was GIFTED to DeZ. If you are told otherwise, ask to see the bill of sale.

jus' sayin' You are in the right place.

Last edited:
Reactions: hunterroark
GTA was once a truly great place to enjoy the sport... but it became cliquish AND over-run with rules... and DON'T YOU DARE disagree with a MOD at GTA. Here you can disagree with a MOD. You won't win the argument but you won't feel like a POS when he is done with you. It is also worth mentioning that you CAN disagree with one of the "in-crowd" here and you won't find yourself on the outs with forum management. I don't know how it is over there now but GTA was pretty bad about that for a long time.

It is good to hear that management has again changed over there. It could not have hurt. It might be a whole new world at GTA now. Perhaps I should frequent more than once a quarter. Pretty sure it only SOLD once. It was GIFTED to DeZ. If you are told otherwise, ask to see the bill of sale.

jus' sayin' You are in the right place.
DEZ inherited it.
Travis W purchased it then sold it to ...
Rick Euster ( airgun web / tv )

As I recall that history & someone correct me if thats wrong ?

DEZ inherited it.

Works for me... Except I don't believe DeZ was related to anyone... so...
Whatever. It can only be improving under new management.

Reactions: hunterroark
Won't rehash. Two different forums. GTA used to be a great resource for mostly springer knowledge but had early contributors that lead the pcp revolution. The lack of ability to access previous content has "gutted" the significance of that site and I would say the same about the Old Yellow aka Airgun Warriors forum. Once upon a time the Old Yellow was vibrant with a wealth of contributors across all types of airguns. It died or more accurately is dying.

The fracture across all forums is palpable. Shame.

Find myself visiting AGN more than most since the pcp section is cutting edge. Among others, motorhead, has contributions that I follow closely. For an old airgunner like me it's fascinating to follow the "latest and greatest" and this has furthered me on this airgun path. Never thought I would dive in so deep.
Very well said! Thank you

Reactions: cavedweller
DEZ inherited it.

When DeZ got control was after Curtis passed away. Maybe the transfer was done before and no one was told.
As for the sale to Travis? That was done behind the backs of everyone that had made their intensions known to buy the whole shibang.
How do I know that? I was a Moderator at the time and along with other Moderators stated, in closed areas, We would buy if for sale.
We were blind sided when DeZ sold it to Travis! We were NEVER informed that there was any sale in progress.
To me? That was a knife in the back that I can not forget and left as a Moderator.
All the people involved up to this time I had met face to face many times aside from Curtis. I did spend time online with him and bought some stuff from him. I still have his SCUBA tank that I use.

After Travis took control? Yeah. I had problems with him and left GTA as a Moderator. Those that say things went down hill?
You all forgot to say FAST! And content that showed Travis's past failings disappeared! Wonder why?
At one time I had a COMPLETE back up of GTA as a defense against personnal attacks on me. That say anything?

Not long after the move to Texas by Travis and the JTS fiasco started? Rick ened up with the mess left over.
Now it get's interesting from there on!
GTA was not taken care of, links to images are broken and non-recoverable, more content went POOF, and what happened to AirGunProshop that Rick owned in Texas? That is now in Ohio just North of me!

Moderators now decide how to interpret the simple Rules and threaten you openly if you call them on it!
As an example from today!
"I'm not sure why you are seeking suicide by homicide. But I assure you my friend, I will not be the one holding the weapon."

Take it all how you wish or want. I am beyound giving a damn any more about GTA. And I have the phone numbers to the people I do care about and learn from.

And if the Moderators here decide to spank me for speaking the truth?
So be it.

GTA could have survived the change in ownership if COVID never happened. Politics during the COVID timeframe was their downfall. Travis had ambitions to become a world player and alienated the bread and butter of the forum. They alienated the most active members on the site in favor of those who shared more of a global perspective on the issues. Many were threatened if not banned for sharing a pro-freedom viewpoint and not supporting the lockdowns. Often when they should have wiped out the posts/comments if not entire threads mostly supporting the lockdowns. The pro-freedom anti-lockdown posters were unfairly singled out and censored.

In the same timeframe, this forum was growing quickly and Steve was doing a great job promoting it, and running AEAC. And the mods here did a much better job of shutting down the political nonsense at large, it was a natural draw for all the new airgunners and many who were alienated if not banned from GTA.

But I don’t know if there will ever be a group like old GTA. What a great bunch of folks. I hope Rick can bring it back to life.

It wouldn’t hurt if Shadow came back around.

I check the PCP part of GTA pretty much daily and reply if I think I can contribute something. I also check hunting sometimes and I occasionally try out an airgun at 100 yards on one of their targets and if the results merit posting it I do. I've gotten help casting on the area for that.

I haven't had issues with moderators at least that I remember. There are more threads that I think I can contribute to on AGN these days but I think GTA is OK too. I appreciate that both forums are "free". I go to some woodworking blogs too and one just kicked me off for not financially contributing. The money is not a problem, finding a way to provide it is more of an issue. I just decided to let their decision stand. I hope GTA and AGN can stay free. I also appreciate it when moderators stop nonsense (even if it is me). Nice to have a civil chance to chat.