• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fortitude leaks air

I have had it a year and it has always leaked air - about 100 lbs per 24 hours. I have sent it to crosman twice and it always comes back with a note saying the seals were replaced. But it still leaks. If crosman refuses to deal with the problem what should I do? What else besides seals could cause it to leak?

Crosman reads this forum so you don't need to worry about a single thing and besides you have a 5 year warranty. The tech can guide you through the diagnosis problems as well and could be also minor as a fill check valve seal that's easily replaceable as well by just degassing shooting it till empty and repkacing the whole fill assembly that Crosman would probably offer to send you.

The Crosmans-Benjamin guns and pistols are extremely easy to work on DIY which is what the factory workers do anyway so you arent altering the gun by just replacing OEM factory parts.

It is when you add aftermarket parts or modify existing parts that will void your warranty and rightfully so by altering factory intended designed engineering.

I’ve replaced the seals in my fortitude and can say without reservation it was my least favorite Crosman to replace seals in. The holes are all so sharp it is very easy to slice the o rings putting it back together. I’ll go one further....it’s just about a guarantee you’ll slice one getting the valve back in, so have a few extras on hand and also it’s well worthwhile to try to smooth out the sharp edges of the holes the o rings have to go past. Also use a small wooden dowel rod at each hole you pass to push the o ring down so it doesn’t get cut.
If you are still under warranty and don’t have a burning desire to get very intimate with your Fortitude then I would advise sending it back for more service. 

I’ve replaced the seals in my fortitude and can say without reservation it was my least favorite Crosman to replace seals in. The holes are all so sharp it is very easy to slice the o rings putting it back together. I’ll go one further....it’s just about a guarantee you’ll slice one getting the valve back in, so have a few extras on hand and also it’s well worthwhile to try to smooth out the sharp edges of the holes the o rings have to go past. Also use a small wooden dowel rod at each hole you pass to push the o ring down so it doesn’t get cut.
If you are still under warranty and don’t have a burning desire to get very intimate with your Fortitude then I would advise sending it back for more service.

I found that if you fold a piece of sandpaper, I use the waterproof stuff 400-600 grit, stick it in a cotter pin and put it in a drill you can take care of all those sharp edges at the front of the tube once and for all.

For the holes and slots that might have sharp edges these two things, fed trough from the inside then twisted by hand, werq well. Make sure you wipe the tube out ,with an oily rag, when done to get rid of the grit.

Reactions: Chichi