• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fortitude arrived today, Initial impressions

I'll get pictures, maybe a video up soon, but It finally arrived! Its .177. Ok so i have only scoped it and sighted it in so far but I dig it. 

The things I like.. First thing: It is LIGHT. So light weight. Even with the scope. Granted I am used to an FX Bobcat .30 and a Weihrauch HW97 and those two could stand to spend a couple more laps on the treadmill, but seriously the Fortitude comes in at 5.8 pounds. 5.8lbs!!! That's full of air, pellets, and scoped (UTG Bug Buster). So nice. Mag works as it should. Seems to be pretty accurate at 25yds. I've only tried H&N Barracuda and didn't even clean the barrel, but they clover-leafed with a rickety metal chair to rest off of. Super quiet. Real easy to hand pump too.

Now for the things I'm not fond of.. The finish is what you would expect for $300. The bluing is meh, especially on the air tube. The edges aren't super rough, but you can still see and feel machining tool marks on surfaces. The great thing about that is I couldn't care less about dinging it, and pretty sure that scratches will look organic and natural on this gun. The bolt is a lot harder to cock than I was expecting. I double loaded once due to that, but I'm sure that will break in. The trigger.... ooof. It's like you're pulling it thru a wet sack of flour. Something will have to be done with the trigger. There is also a completely useless barrel band that makes no contact with the barrel shroud. Only thing I can tell it does is mar up the air tube and add weight. I haven't had a chance to chrony it yet so I can't speak on the regulator consistency, but Crosman is full of poop claiming 90 shots. 20 shots dropped it from 3000 to 2500psi. 

All in all, I'm pleased. Its basically a rifle version of the Prod, dressed in the Maximus' clothes. And once the trigger gets sorted, it will for sure be a keeper. I'll add to this when I get a little time off work to play with it a bit more.

Without opening too many threads about this rifle I'll throw in my 2 cents. It's not a bad rifle for the price, this isn't my rifle but I kind of took it hostage to see what it can do. It's .22 gets a lot of shots per fill. I can see this rifle being modified easily. It takes the standard crosman barrels not marauder barrels. So you can get a TJ barrel or LW barrel from mountain air if you wanted to. The trigger is your typical trigger found on the Benjamin discovery.. it sucks, but it can be fixed. Accuracy seems okay, I've had too much coffee, and not enough day light to see what she can do. Seems to like 21 gr pellets the most.. only fired at 10 yards. Popped a sparrow with it, bird went down no issues. Too dark for a chronoy session as well.. hopefully other guys can chime in to. It's a pretty decent rifle, I'd get one to mess around with and throw on a better barrel and better trigger. 

-Matt
1535759520_10909992245b89d4a0271ab6.30860519_IMG_3303.jpg
1535759525_13211409855b89d4a50b0270.81158669_IMG_3304.jpg
1535759528_9119121325b89d4a8cb53f7.05394062_IMG_3305.jpg

Got a little chrony time in. Looks like around 50 shots on the reg with the pressure set around 1800psi and another 5 shots after the reg 

with AA 8.4

hi 860

lo 829

av 846

es 31

sd 7

I stopped after seeing the drop off and there was one shot that was 833 in the middle of the string that kept the last 5 from making any real difference, the avg bumped up to 848 without the last 5. Either way its shooting H&N at avg of 790 for 14.8 fpe and the AA 8.4 for 13.5 fpe for 50 shots and I cannot complain about that. The bolt has already started to smooth out. Considering trying my hand at carving a stock, as I find the plastic one it's dressed in now to provide a horrible cheek weld. Waiting for a free day without so much wind to test for accuracy, but so far it has ticked the weight, power and shot count boxes for me