Formerly PCP only now really into springers

I remember that I used to not see any reason to shoot a springer. Now I really appreciate them and have a lot of great springers. Anyone else come to springers from PCPs? I did have BB guns as a kid but when I back into airguns it was 100% pcps.
I purchased PCP's first then picked up a HW77 and was hooked. Easy to be accurate with a PCP. Challenging to be accurate with a springer. Hitting a dime sized target at 50 yards with a springer is fun as hell. I save the PCP's for windy or range days.

I remember that I used to not see any reason to shoot a springer. Now I really appreciate them and have a lot of great springers. Anyone else come to springers from PCPs? I did have BB guns as a kid but when I back into airguns it was 100% pcps.
Yeah Blackdiesel,
I seem to go back and forth between my Weihrauch Springers and my RAW PCP's - but won't sell either. Best of both worlds :( .

I also have a BAM B50, a few QB78/79's and a BSA R10 - trying to decide what to do with them:unsure:.

I am not ashamed I just love to squeeze a trigger no matter what the gun is. I love my springers(only got 3) and my PCPs(2) equally. Springers are more challenging to shoot consistently accurate but thats the challenge. I have never met a person that shoots that says that gun (any type) is too easy to shoot accurately and its no fun. lol

Thanks
Jon

Reactions: Cmacc
I started with pumpers and moved to springers. Bought my first pcp last year. Now I have 5 pcp and two HW springers.

When I go up north, a springer always comes with. I really like both systems.
I will buy another pcp maybe next year, but nothing can replace my HW30 &HW95. They are pure pleasure ( Now that I figured out how to shoot the 95) and I will never be without my springers.

Cock ,load, shoot , repeat. Overhead cost ... Another 7$ 500 count tin of pellets . Maybe a spring and seal sfter several 1000's of shots (50$+/-) .

Pcp.. lol... Where do you start and end on ovethead cost just to shoot 1 pellet?
(Opinion)
Some things are worth the cost. I don't have any complaints about PCPs. I have a couple of PCPs that get over 200 shots per fill and I pretty much am air independent. So in essence, it's like a springer. I don't consider if one is better than the other. I enjoy both. I do have a lot more PCPs than springers but there are so many more options for PCPs at this time.

shed pix1.jpg
pix2.jpg

Last edited:
Some things are worth the cost. I don't have any complaints about PCPs. I have a couple of PCPs that get over 200 shots per fill and I pretty much am air independent. So in essence, it's like a springer. I don't consider if one is better than the other. I enjoy both. I di have a lot more PCPs than springers but there are so many more options for PCPs at this time.

View attachment 356173View attachment 356174
Thats kool , but i dont/cant see it.🥴