For you RAW users/shooters —

4CB83B61-9A4C-4E6E-972C-D1C514D6CCF3.1650771182.jpeg

Mine is a slightly older HMx LRT .22 with a factory OEM conventional moderator tuned down (Motorheads advice above) to shoot JSB 18gr @ 950fps (36 FPE) and it's very back yard friendly. Loudest sound is the impact of the ammo hitting the target. DonnyFL makes adapters for most RAW guns if you want to go that route..

I have an HM1000 .22 that is 5 or 6 years old. It has the old style mod, which is thinner, but maybe longer than the newer versions. It also has felt that wraps around the air stripper in front. It is not the HP (X) model, so I'm sure the tune is milder, shooting the 18 around 880. I consider its sound generally comparable to my other suppressed rifles. If you are not satisfied with your new style, then an adapter for other standard silencers may be the best option. Or, Martin could install an old style mod like mine, which might work better, as I've read several reports of dissatisfaction with the new one.

I had Neil Clague make a moderator a while back that works very well. Lot’s of people use them now. They slide over the barrel about 5-6 inches and are still pretty long. They are very quiet though.

Very soon, RAW will start selling a slip on 1/2x20UNF adapter and a new carbon tube to replace the stock moderator system. It will allow you to use any 1/2x20 moderator you want, it’s very slim and looks great.

Here is my son Cooper’s RAW with the newly attached adapter and carbon Tanto. The second picture is with the Clague. third, a close up of the adapter and moderator.

Stoti

E054D91B-08F0-412F-A1A8-07EA253A573A.1650810929.jpeg

5B1EF9F4-79D6-42F5-A78F-0E8C17E282AE.1650811072.jpeg
AA591845-AAD3-4F65-9A17-6A1423BF0A48.1650812680.jpeg

What generation of shroud do you have on your RAW? While the moderation of sound is very subjective and different folks have different needs, I have personally found that some RAW shrouds are more effective than others. The pre-AF shroud/moderators installed by Martin and his team were pretty good. The AF off-set shroud/moderators which came next weren't as effective, and the current huge AF can shroud/moderators seem a bit more effective than the offset models.

My .30 cal is pre-AF and for the power that gun is making (and RAWs aren't really known to be very air efficient, and all that extra waste air makes noise), the original RAW shroud takes the sound levels down to my personal needs.

Was not the case with my .25 cal (originally offset shroud) or my .22 (originally with big can shroud).

I've gone to Neal Clague to get his custom shrouds for both these guns. Neal's shrouds definitely take the sound level down, they look better overall, and my .25 seems to be slightly more accurate with a NC shroud compared to OEM.

http://petersoncorner.com/clague/contact.htm

Red is .25, blue is .22:

IMG_2592.1650811227.JPG

I had Neil Clague make a moderator a while back that works very well. Lot’s of people use them now. They slide over the barrel about 5-6 inches and are still pretty long. They are very quiet though.

Very soon, RAW will start selling a slip on 1/2x20UNF adapter and a new carbon tube to replace the stock moderator system. It will allow you to use any 1/2x20 moderator you want, it’s very slim and looks great.

Here is my son Cooper’s RAW with the newly attached adapter and carbon Tanto. The second picture is with the Clague. third, a close up of the adapter and moderator.

Stoti

Kevin

Have you observed any slight increase in accuracy with your NC or Tanto moderators? I’m guessing “no,” or that you may not have done a test/comparison but was just curious vs. the factory RAW moderators. 

Thanks 

Tom 

What generation of shroud do you have on your RAW? While the moderation of sound is very subjective and different folks have different needs, I have personally found that some RAW shrouds are more effective than others.

I have the latest "large can" moderator. It attaches to barrel just off the end of the carbon fiber with two set screws. I ordered a Donny Ronin and adapter to see how that works. I'm thinking the POI will drop a little but it should be quieter. I'm used to the compact little moderators on my Maverick and Wildcat and this factory one seems a "beast" and it's just an empty can with a short 2” thick "moderator" on the end. In the end I may just stay with either the Ronin (since the diameter matches the empty can on the factory set up) or go back to the original. I really am used to how well this shoots with the factory set up. My RAW is the HM1000X chasis model in 22 cal.

Nice Ross! Are you going to go the Neal Clague route for a moderator? I’m noodling on it too, or getting the new RAW adapter maybe. 

I'm pretty sure I'll go the route Chris on Up North Airgunner did with his. I ordered some heat shrink for the big tube and a Ronin which is also 2” dia. His was whisper quiet in the video. I liked the X style heat shrink on the big 2” tube. Too bad there isn't room for a 580cc bottle!

I had emailed RAW about swapping out moderators and was told that the adapter usually requires it to be machined off the barrel. I’d be interested to know how you remove yours? I too have the giant can on the end of mine too.

Donny's web site shows two adapters. I'm getting the one that replaces the screw on factory piece but it keeps the empty can. The end of the Donny adapter has threaded piece for the moderator (Ronin). I'll be keeping everything except the factory "moderator" that has the wacky foam pieces in it. It's pretty cheaply made. The Ronin sounds pretty quiet in Up North Airgunner youtube.