For those with multiple PCP rifles, pistols, tanks...

I have just a few more PCPs than you and none of them have ever leaked yet. The oldest one is nine years old. I’ve bought them all new and take good care of them. I have bought a few though that leaked right away or within a week of owning, and they went straight back to where they came from. I try not to fill my guns completely to the top. I like to stay away 100 to 200 PSI from Maxximum fill, use a decent filter when filling them and I also put a couple drops of pure silicone oil in the fill port to help distribute it to the O-rings.(Some people will agree with this some won’t) I only do that on average around every 8 fills.I keep all my better guns stored in a decent gun case also with the temperature always staying right around 70°. Eventually there’s gonna be a leak somewhere on some of them but been lucky so far.

Some of my guns are leaking : Diana P1000 , but I don't like it so ..it doesn't matter . Kalibrgun Carbine .25 also leaks and I would like to fix it 'cause it's a great gun to shoot.One or two others are leaking so slowly it's not a real problem...others , Cricket , Crown , Ataman , Wildcat keep their pressure during several months.

Leaks , once they are detected , are not very difficult to fix :most of the time just change the Oring by another one of same , or better quality , from a serious brand. To find out the leak is sometimes more difficult , especially if it's leaking very slowly. I use inflatable balloons on the barrel muzzle and on both ends of air tubes ; water and soap for others places around the action...lube the Orings regularly also could prevent them to leak.

I

When a rifle leaks you should wait to have no air at all, then disassamble it, find the defective o'ring, replace it, lubricate all other and then reassable the rifle.

It is amazingly fast once you are not afraid of pieces.

Just remember where each piece sets. In many rifles is not so complicated, mis frequent are:

Probe o'ring;

Female foster adapter inside o'ring;

charging port;

o'ring at the end of cilinder/bottle;

manometer,

o'rings of the regulator.

Find an o'ring store and each time you need one of an specific size, buy 20 of them, they are very, very cheap. The travels to the o'ring store are going to become not frequent.

I currently have (or maintain in the case of my dad's guns) 2 Hatsan AT44's; 2 Crosman 1377's; 2 Crosman 2100 (1 works one does not); Crosman 1701; Diana Bandit; Benjamin Wildfire; Crosman Phantom Break barrel; Beeman2027; Beeman P17; AV V10; Crosman 101 (non working) Crosman 760; AV Springfield Armory XDE. and 2 Chinese compressors (Yong Hen and Davvy) All of the working guns hold air and shoot with zero issues (except the AV V10 which has a horrible barrel that needs to be re-crowned). The key to keeping the guns and equipment in order is to use a little preventative maintenance. PCP get a little silicon oil (or grease if needed) on the seals once in a while, Pumpers get a little Pellgun oil (as does the CO2), The SSPs get a drop of silicon oil. The compressors get an Oil change with Royal Purple every couple hours use (about 6 months use). I also use Johnsons paste wax on exposed metal, and a little silicon oil (or grease) for metal to metal sliding parts. I also give the barrels a cleaning once in awhile with CLP. I do not shoot a ton but try to use the indoor range at least once a week for a couple hundred shots. The point is to set up a proactive maintenance program to help minimize leaks and down times.

I got my first PCP, a marauder pistol, last year so no long term experience. I added an Avenger and most recently a P35. The Avenger leaked when I got it, Air Venturi fixed it under warranty. I also have a Yong Heng and a used SCBA tank. The aftermarket moisture filter blew an O-ring during a fill of the SCBA tank today. It came with multiple spares. I lost a little air getting things shut down safely to replace the O-ring. That is the first O-ring to fail on my equipment. My P35 came with a full set of O-rings and tools instead of a warranty. Not a bad trade in my opinion. It cost me $30 to send the Avenger back for repairs and it didn't return for 5 weeks. I replaced the O-ring in the end of the barrel of the P35 but that was my mistake. I fire polished the barrel with JB and wanted to clean the O-ring but did a bad job of getting it out and back in. So I used the spare it came with and ordered a bag of them from McMaster Carr.

I'd rather replace an occasional O-ring than clean powder residue out of my gun every hundred rounds or so. It's also nice to have something quiet enough and legal to shoot in my backyard.