• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

For those who self installed the new Power Plennum to the Impact Mk2

Hi Guys

Which methodology did you use for your install?

Did you follow Krale or Ernest or Europe Airguns you tube videos?

Specifically, did you measure the Hammerseat as Krale does and Loctite the Hammerseat in position?

I believe the measurement is 6mm to 6.5mm mine was 6.18mm if remember correctly.

After bottoming the hammerseat as Europe Airguns and Ernest do, I expected the measurement to be inspec and it was not.

I had to back the hammerseat out a few turns to achieve the measurement, so as soon as I was past 6mm I stopped.

Thing is I wonder if it makes a difference, how important is that measurement and how will it affect speed from a tuning perspective.

Regards

Deafdog

Hi Guys

Which methodology did you use for your install?

Did you follow Krale or Ernest or Europe Airguns you tube videos?

Specifically, did you measure the Hammerseat as Krale does and Loctite the Hammerseat in position?

I believe the measurement is 6mm to 6.5mm mine was 6.18mm if remember correctly.

After bottoming the hammerseat as Europe Airguns and Ernest do, I expected the measurement to be inspec and it was not.

I had to back the hammerseat out a few turns to achieve the measurement, so as soon as I was past 6mm I stopped.

Thing is I wonder if it makes a difference, how important is that measurement and how will it affect speed from a tuning perspective.

Regards

Deafdog

Hi Deafdog, 

If you have any questions or need any help feel free to reach out to us in a DM with your name, number and Email we can have Ernest or another technician reach out to you to help you with installing your New PP :)

Regards

FX Customer Service Support

I watched Garhard’s video. He said the same thing about 6mm hammer seat measurement

I to had to unscrew the seat to achieve this measurement, and if the locktite fails, well back into the gun.

Another issue I ran into was the hammer seat spring. Measured differently and each end. Maybe I just got a bad spring that was cut funny. After installing and testing, when I would adjust the valve spring knob it would “spring” back. I had to mill out the guide that take the 11mm wrench, so the spring would not bind up, and polish the ends of the spring where they cut it to length, very sharp 

nothing horrible, just pay attention, not a plug and play assembly, at least mine was not 

still need one more kit for the 30 cal then I will be set.

Thats all folks

I did mine all the way in till it stop I think its around 5 mm or 5.5 mm

working great 120 bar for the redsgn at 970

but if i back up the pin to around 6 mm 
what will be the difference ? 
for 5 m To 5.5mm you will have more pin travel right ? 
means more power
1f914.svg

I think less than 6mm would be more travel not less. Hammer would hit stop sooner.

Hi FX Customer Service Support

Great customer service response.

Just the wrong continent and there is no FX- Australia (yet).

With the three videos on how to install the PP that I have seen one is Dutch, one is Spanish and then there is yours by Ernest from the US, and no Australian Video.

I've not found a Swedish video either.

Being from the land downunder I had a choice and chose the Krale approach from the Netherlands.

That was because without Gerhart showing how to heat the hammerseat to get it off I would not have had much success changing my C3 bumper.

So assuming all the Dutch guys follow Gerhart at Krale, they set the hammerseat at 6mm to 6.5mm.

The Spanish guys screwed it all the way in as do the American's it seems.

The question for FX is what is the measurement to use?

Assuming Gerhart at Krale knows what he is doing ( the video has not been withdrawn or edited) he must have got the measurement from Sweden?

Getting pretty international here.

Is it a language issue as in interpretation of Swedish?

Is impact power plenum specification different country to country?

Is it a 12ftlb setting or FAC?

According to the AEAC visit to Fx in Sweden they sell to 72 countries.

Is the measurement a fact or opinion.

What happens at the factory in Sweden? (feel free to jump in here Fx Sweden)

Regards

Deafdog

The hammerseat should be 6-6,5mm like the krale vídeo. You can see it in this link 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Ph4Q8M-S89dkNXSFI2VG8xYTA/view

I do not know if that is reliable info anymore, as the power plenum both has shorter hammer spring, and different valve rod than the original one. I am not an expert but when the hammer spring is shorter, the hammer has more room to move. One issue I could see, if that if using the original hammer spring which is longer, and when tuned for really high power, there might be to litle room for the free floating hammer to move. That might lead to hammer bounce?

Ok, I'm getting myself confused reading the different replies. I've installed 4 PPs so far, with one to go. All have been .30 cal 700mm barrel units. I set all 4 hammer stops to the 6.0 mm measurement with blue lock-tite. If I had screwed the hammer stop onto the pin rod until it snugged up and stopped, the measurement was closer to 5.0 - 5.5 mm. My confusion comes in with my perceived understanding of what the affect of screwing the hammer stop on until it stops would have been. If the hammer stop is screwed on the pin until it stops, and this gives a measurement of less then the stated 6.0 mm, then the hammer, when fired, will have a shorter distance to travel down the pin rod before it strikes the hammer, correct? Since the hammer is being release with the same amount of energy regardless of where the hammer stop is located (energy developed based on the hammer spring tension adjuster setting), and since logic tells me the hammer will loose energy as it travels down the pin rod toward the hammer stop once it leaves the hammer spring's propulsion, my understanding is it will hit the hammer stop with more force/energy when the hammer stop is screwed in all the way until it stops, at the 5.0-5.5 mm measurement. Is this what other's understand, or am I missing something entirely?

If I understand correctly, I should reseat all my hammer stops until they are tight, and accept the 5.0-5.5 mm measurement, then back off the HSTA a little to compensate for the extra energy hitting the hammer stop when the hammer has less travel distance to travel to hit the hammer stop when it's set to less than the 6.0 mm measurement. Hope I'm making sense.

Synopsis... shouldn't setting the hammer stop to a measurement of less than 6.0 mm have the same affect as a little increase in HSTA pre-load?

Ok, I'm getting myself confused reading the different replies. I've installed 4 PPs so far, with one to go. All have been .30 cal 700mm barrel units. I set all 4 hammer stops to the 6.0 mm measurement with blue lock-tite. If I had screwed the hammer stop onto the pin rod until it snugged up and stopped, the measurement was closer to 5.0 - 5.5 mm. My confusion comes in with my perceived understanding of what the affect of screwing the hammer stop on until it stops would have been. If the hammer stop is screwed on the pin until it stops, and this gives a measurement of less then the stated 6.0 mm, then the hammer, when fired, will have a shorter distance to travel down the pin rod before it strikes the hammer, correct? Since the hammer is being release with the same amount of energy regardless of where the hammer stop is located (energy developed based on the hammer spring tension adjuster setting), and since logic tells me the hammer will loose energy as it travels down the pin rod toward the hammer stop once it leaves the hammer spring's propulsion, my understanding is it will hit the hammer stop with more force/energy when the hammer stop is screwed in all the way until it stops, at the 5.0-5.5 mm measurement. Is this what other's understand, or am I missing something entirely?

If I understand correctly, I should reseat all my hammer stops until they are tight, and accept the 5.0-5.5 mm measurement, then back off the HSTA a little to compensate for the extra energy hitting the hammer stop when the hammer has less travel distance to travel to hit the hammer stop when it's set to less than the 6.0 mm measurement. Hope I'm making sense.

Synopsis... shouldn't setting the hammer stop to a measurement of less than 6.0 mm have the same affect as a little increase in HSTA pre-load?

Also the valve spring will have 1mm less tension, if you screw the valve stop 1mm further in. Personally I do not think it matter much, other than there will be less risk of the valvestop getting loose if screwing it all in. Maybe there will be a difference if I put a .177 barrel on the gun, as the valve spring probably has to be screwed all the way in, to not overpower the gun?