• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

For those that collect c02, replica pistols

I just received a Umarex Walther, PPQ .

I did a little YouTube searching over a few days to find a replica, pellet pistol that I thought I wouldn't have gotten pissed that I bought !!
I have two other Umarex pistols, a CP99 and a Colt 1911.
Those both have the round metal magazine. This PPQ has a 21 round belt magazine. I was a bit concerned about a long belt, but one YouTube video made a few comments about it, on the positive side...so...I thought I'd give it a try.

The gun is real life heavy. The grip frame is as mostly normal on many guns today, a plastic of some sort. Fairly solid feeling. The slide is a metal (of some sort), as is much of the inner receiver. The magazine assembly is a mostly cast metal, with both the valve and the belt a non-removable part of the assembly. No cheap doors to move or open.
The one Youtube reviewer that convinced me to buy it, explained the way that the belt drive works and why the trigger is sort of a long pull...like most other guns of this sort !
He also said that some lube on the belt went a LONG way in making the trigger...much better. Didn't make the pull shorter, but made it a lighter, smoother pull.

So with it in my hands, I was playing. With the magazine out of the gun, I messed with the trigger. It's MUCH smoother and lighter a pull...without...the magazine in place. Hence the YouTuber videos comment about lubrication. All I have around the house in a spray lube is...yep, WD40, so I sprayed some, rolled the belt around, a little more WD40. I wiped all of the excess away and proceeded to load some Meisterkugeln, 7gn. pellets into the belt.
Now...you NEED to know, the pellet loading IS...a bit fiddly ! Good thing that it holds 21 rounds ! Another thing that I learned recently, I used a pen to push the pellets ALL the way into the belt. It DOES...help with accuracy.
Loading the c02 cartridge is a simple turn of a large set screw. No pressure loss.

My 73 year old eyes AREN'T what they were in my 20's and even early 40's, but I gave the guns, iron sights a try at about 13 feet. Wow...about 6 rounds later, I was somewhat amazed.
One VERY good thing to note, the barrel has NO movement in the frame. It's pressed into the receiver, the receiver is pinned into the grip frame. So...the barrel is tight ! The slide has a little movement, but not much (mine anyway).
One thing, it IS loud. Louder than my other three replica guns.
I proceeded to put one of my less expensive, red dot sights on it so I could actually make out the target, and sighted it in.

If you shoot your guns and like to hit the target, this gun should be looked into. Out of my three other replica guns, this is by far the most accurate of the three.

1681688520891.jpeg

Mike

I'm 74 and enjoying my 1st 'replica' firearm, the Legends M712. Great fun. I've been in the 'real' shooting sports since I was 10 and until now never felt inclined to get a "toy" gun. I have come to appreciate the value inherent in blow-back firearm replicas of the real-world guns I will NEVER be able to afford or legally possess. I now have my sights set on their P08, MP40 and Grease Gun. They are close-enough to the real deal to scratch the itch, won't break the bank and should provide sufficient backyard and basement 'snicks and giggles'. My present living room backstop is an Omaha steaks styro container stuffed with a polyfiber old pillow. Works surprisingly well for a free DIY backstop.

Randy -

After you shoot up the packaging container, look into "foam archery targets". That's what I use, positioned at the end of my hall. Across the living room, and down the hall, That's my "range " !

I make up a piece of paper, with a bunch of black dots (about 1/2" dia.) on it and stick it to the foam with a small Allan wrench. I put 5 pellets into each dot (usually 12 per page), throw it away and put up another. Except for a little paper debris, it's clean quiet, no mess to clean up, the pellets are forever buried in the foam.

Here's one of MANY to choose from, at various prices and sizes.

Mike

Reactions: Modski66
I now have my sights set on their P08, MP40 and Grease Gun. They are close-enough to the real deal to scratch the itch, won't break the bank and should provide sufficient backyard and basement 'snicks and giggles'.
I own all three and can personally vouch for the sheer JOY they will bring into your life. The M3 is my favorite, as its magazine holds 60 shots. AWESOME fun!

I just received a Umarex Walther, PPQ .

I did a little YouTube searching over a few days to find a replica, pellet pistol that I thought I wouldn't have gotten pissed that I bought !!
I have two other Umarex pistols, a CP99 and a Colt 1911.
Those both have the round metal magazine. This PPQ has a 21 round belt magazine. I was a bit concerned about a long belt, but one YouTube video made a few comments about it, on the positive side...so...I thought I'd give it a try.

The gun is real life heavy. The grip frame is as mostly normal on many guns today, a plastic of some sort. Fairly solid feeling. The slide is a metal (of some sort), as is much of the inner receiver. The magazine assembly is a mostly cast metal, with both the valve and the belt a non-removable part of the assembly. No cheap doors to move or open.
The one Youtube reviewer that convinced me to buy it, explained the way that the belt drive works and why the trigger is sort of a long pull...like most other guns of this sort !
He also said that some lube on the belt went a LONG way in making the trigger...much better. Didn't make the pull shorter, but made it a lighter, smoother pull.

So with it in my hands, I was playing. With the magazine out of the gun, I messed with the trigger. It's MUCH smoother and lighter a pull...without...the magazine in place. Hence the YouTuber videos comment about lubrication. All I have around the house in a spray lube is...yep, WD40, so I sprayed some, rolled the belt around, a little more WD40. I wiped all of the excess away and proceeded to load some Meisterkugeln, 7gn. pellets into the belt.
Now...you NEED to know, the pellet loading IS...a bit fiddly ! Good thing that it holds 21 rounds ! Another thing that I learned recently, I used a pen to push the pellets ALL the way into the belt. It DOES...help with accuracy.
Loading the c02 cartridge is a simple turn of a large set screw. No pressure loss.

My 73 year old eyes AREN'T what they were in my 20's and even early 40's, but I gave the guns, iron sights a try at about 13 feet. Wow...about 6 rounds later, I was somewhat amazed.
One VERY good thing to note, the barrel has NO movement in the frame. It's pressed into the receiver, the receiver is pinned into the grip frame. So...the barrel is tight ! The slide has a little movement, but not much (mine anyway).
One thing, it IS loud. Louder than my other three replica guns.
I proceeded to put one of my less expensive, red dot sights on it so I could actually make out the target, and sighted it in.

If you shoot your guns and like to hit the target, this gun should be looked into. Out of my three other replica guns, this is by far the most accurate of the three.

View attachment 348779

Mike

i spend a lot of time on AGF in the UK it has a place for replica gun and their owners to talk and they are big on replica guns check it out if you have time
the downside of replica guns, the trigger suck and most have fixed sights which suck
but still i own my fair share
the S&W 586-686 are some of the best and something like the old Gamo R-77 are fine shooters even Diana had one made out of the R-77 and called it the R-357 and it has a LW barrel and could be gotten with wood grips
the game pr-776 is a fine shooter but what it is a replica of is hard to say
the pellet 99 and 92's are well built pistols
the S&W M29 is a beautiful piece and will shoot pellet as well as BB's
they have their place in our hobby

Reactions: Modski66