For those that believe if you hit skunks in the lungs they don't spray

🤢Uurrpp... Oh dude that’s nasty. I can smell that from here.
if you want to kill skunks at a bait station you need to get a piece of 8” pvc pipe about 3’ long. Put heavy wire mesh over one end and face that towards your shooting position. Place you bait in the pipe towards the screened in side. They crawl in and you got a perfect head shot. They can’t raise their tail and spray when they’re inside the pipe. Have your bucket and lid ready and pour them out into your bucket and seal the lid right quick before they start leaking out when their muscles start relaxing. Don’t have pvc pipe? make a square “tube” out of plywood or something. Key is get them in position in a small confined space where you can shoot them in the head but they can’t raise their tail and spray. Not sure if that’d be 100% guaranteed but it’s got to be way better than a 50/50 chance.

never had a skunk problem but that’s my plan if I did. no chance I’d shoot a skunk in my backyard unless I tried something like that in hopes it wouldn’t spray. 

One thing seems to work AFTER they die is to leave them till the morning so they stiffen up then they won’t leak when you move the body for disposal. I got 3 skunks with the heart and Lung shots and non of them sprayed so I got lucky. Saw the tip about letting the body stiffen up a while back somewhere on the inter web and no issues with leaking at all. 

🤢Uurrpp... Oh dude that’s nasty. I can smell that from here.
if you want to kill skunks at a bait station you need to get a piece of 8” pvc pipe about 3’ long. Put heavy wire mesh over one end and face that towards your shooting position. Place you bait in the pipe towards the screened in side. They crawl in and you got a perfect head shot. They can’t raise their tail and spray when they’re inside the pipe. Have your bucket and lid ready and pour them out into your bucket and seal the lid right quick before they start leaking out when their muscles start relaxing. Don’t have pvc pipe? make a square “tube” out of plywood or something. Key is get them in position in a small confined space where you can shoot them in the head but they can’t raise their tail and spray. Not sure if that’d be 100% guaranteed but it’s got to be way better than a 50/50 chance.

never had a skunk problem but that’s my plan if I did. no chance I’d shoot a skunk in my backyard unless I tried something like that in hopes it wouldn’t spray.

That's pretty ingenious.

Unless someone has tried this multiple times it would not make the assumption that just because they skunk can't raise his tail and can't spray. That may be true when it's fully conscious and controlling its own muscles. But I doubt of this true for a headshot where the animal losses complete control of all their muscles. The muscles necessary to spray can still contract while the tails is down. But it probably would work very well for a lung shot.