• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

For those of you with the rifles that have dual FX regulators…question for you

Great question, with many answers to the variables. I followed the "recommendations" of the "experts" back in the newly introduced Maverick days (I got the last of the Mavericks shipped in 2020). This "recommendation" from FX was a 25 bar set point difference between the first and second with a +-5bar as I remember. That went out the window mere months after it was introduced.
Current production is "recommended" with "standard pellet/slug weights" shooting with a Superior STX liner, to set the first reg @150bar and leave it. Adjusting your second reg to meet your pellet/slug target speed.
The new "Power Block" and added accoutrements (weights, springs...) will surely change the parameters again with the focus on the much heavier slugs and long range shooting bruhaha.
I do 150 bar on #1 whether I'm 85 bar or 130 bar on #2. Makes no never minds. Works.
Again...YMMV

Patrick

Great question, with many answers to the variables. I followed the "recommendations" of the "experts" back in the newly introduced Maverick days (I got the last of the Mavericks shipped in 2020). This "recommendation" from FX was a 25 bar set point difference between the first and second with a +-5bar as I remember. That went out the window mere months after it was introduced.
Current production is "recommended" with "standard pellet/slug weights" shooting with a Superior STX liner, to set the first reg @150bar and leave it. Adjusting your second reg to meet your pellet/slug target speed.
The new "Power Block" and added accoutrements (weights, springs...) will surely change the parameters again with the focus on the much heavier slugs and long range shooting bruhaha.
I do 150 bar on #1 whether I'm 85 bar or 130 bar on #2. Makes no never minds. Works.
Again...YMMV

Patrick
Thank you. This makes total sense; I knew there was something wrong about the efficiency of the whole ”30-40 bar difference” from FX. The time to fill the plenum took forever and the air refilling the plenum sounded strange. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2L8