• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Brocock/BRK For those of you trying to decide between a Brocock Atomic/Ranger and a Pathfinder.

When I was trying to decide if a small Brocock was worth purchasing because I already had a FX Dreamline Tactical and was not sure how they would stack up in size as a backpack gun. I could find dimensions but not a photo comparison of the three guns.
So I am posting these photos to possibly help another prospective buyer decide what size would be right for them. There are plenty of posts on the performance stats of these guns but a visual of their comparative size would have helped me out making my decision.

DIMENSIONS ARE OPEN WITH STOCK NOT EXTENDED AND FOLDED. As you can see not a huge difference from the Dreamline.

Atomic. - 24 1/2“. And 16”

Pathfinder - 26 1/2”. And 18”

FX. - 29 1/2”. And 21 1/2”

IMG_3273.jpeg
IMG_3274.jpeg

Last edited:
When I was trying to decide if a small Brocock was worth purchasing because I already had a FX Dreamline Tactical and was not sure how they would stack up in size as a backpack gun. I could find dimensions but not a photo comparison of the three guns.
So I am posting these photos to possibly help another prospective buyer decide what size would be right for them. There are plenty of posts on the performance stats of these guns but a visual of their comparative size would have helped me out making my decision.
Big Mike,

When someone says backpack gun, I imagine they are packing it in the woods to forage, pest or plink. But I see you and Solo have bipods on them. Is this just a discreet way to get out of the house/apartment and head to the range without the neighbors noticing or panicking (due to the semi-similar AR look). Or possibly walking out beyond the city limits to pest or whatever? Just curious?

Since you have The Atomic, the Pathfinder and the FX Dreamline Tactical... What is your favorite of the three for a backpack gun? And what is it based on; size, weight, power, accuracy, or ?

Thanks,

Jerry

Reactions: L.Leon
Jerry,
So this is my opinion on the guns. But you know what they say about opinions.
The atomic is a very nice gun and built like a tank. It is definitely something you would want to use for small pests or game ( squirrel or rabbit size) because when it is adjusted at or near 20fpe the shot count it rather low.
The Pathfinder is a different story. I can get 30 FPE out of the gun with 28gr pellets and 25 FPE with all the common .22 caliber pellets ( 15, 16, 18 ) and the shot count is triple the Atomic.
Now here is the deal with the Dreamline. I really like these guns ( I have three ) two Tactical and a Power Pup. Dreamlines are like the AR of airguns. Very easy to work on and change to different configurations. You can make the gun a 15fpe .177 or a 80 FPE .30 cal in the right configuration.

If I were picking strictly for a backpack gun it would be the Pathfinder. It has enough power and size to shoot well and is small enough and light enough to carry in a backpack. To answer your question about the backpack it is strictly due to the fact that it is easier to carry than a gun case to transport or walk to a hunting spot. Makes it easy to carry ammo and additional air for the gun.

Corvid_Hunter
The Atomic is loud without a moderator where the Pathfinder and Dreamline with the shrouded barrel are quite a bit quieter. If the Dreamline had one of my unshrouded pencil barrels on it it would be just as loud or louder than the Atomic. So if you cannot use a moderator I would get the Pathfinder. The Dreamline dose not come with a shrouded barrel any more like mine is set up so you would have to hunt one down.

Last edited: